• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's amazing how many people are ready to get married but have never talked about some really important things.

I am all over it, heard about it on Lebatard today. Is Juice a Lebatard listener as well?????

it's amazing how many people are ready to get married but have never talked about some really important things.

18jaq-tp-lg.jpg

My kids are adults and I still don't feel grown up.

Didn't have to go through any pre-marriage counseling from a church which is a definite perk of not being religious. We did have to navigate her dad wanting us to get married in a Catholic church but shot that down quickly as well.

That's probably true, but not having a sit-down with a religious counselor doesn't mean they didn't discuss it.

Jesus, that's like a triple negative.

I can't believe what this malaise over Wake Forest sports, especially basketball, has done to this board. I also blame Twitter, because that's where all the good stuff is these days.

I can't believe what this malaise over Wake Forest sports, especially basketball, has done to this board. I also blame Twitter, because that's where all the good stuff is these days.

what's your twitter handle so I can get that good #content

Really wish I had known about this board during the Tommy Elrod thing.

We asked for some pre-marriage counseling. The pastor was like, “what can I tell you that you don’t know already?”.

He did advise us to “love one another.” Which, turns out if you really try to understand what that means and how to apply it over time, is pretty good advice.

Probably no harm in making efforts to counsel folks getting married. Mostly, however, people don’t really appreciate it then. Maybe later if they reflect on it.

No religious marriage counseling as we don't believe in the fairy tails we were raised to believe in, but we did see a pre-marital counselor back in April and May for 4-5 sessions. I think it really helped. Especially when it came to communicating and being honest with each other. We do much a better job of recognizing conflict and working through disagreements before it starts to snowball. We're both people pleasers who can be passive aggressive at times, so it really helped us to be honest with each other.

No religious marriage counseling as we don't believe in the fairy tails we were raised to believe in, but we did see a pre-marital counselor back in April and May for 4-5 sessions. I think it really helped. Especially when it came to communicating and being honest with each other. We do much a better job of recognizing conflict and working through disagreements before it starts to snowball. We're both people pleasers who can be passive aggressive at times, so it really helped us to be honest with each other.

exactly. pre-marital counseling is just a good idea, as it often forces a conversation about things that you may have avoided. For example - how would you view it if your soon to be spouse went out and spent $1000 on a new home theater system without discussing it with you? Having that type of conversation helps you understand each other more, which ultimately helps your marriage, and doing it with a third party makes it a safer discussion.

Yep. Pre marital counseling is basically getting couples to talk about issues that often cause conflict and then giving them tools to be able to fight in a healthy way.

I'm calling this shot right now. We've got less than 5 years before anonymity on the internet is virtually extinct. Internet Social Security numbers will be a thing and they will do two things: 1) make the internet way less fun (no more wild west), but 2) significantly limit the e-War activities from governments like Russia that we've seen in the last 6 years.

It'll be like real life, where you can still do some crime on the sly, but it won't be anything like the Billy The Kid days of the last 30 years.

perhaps for certain uses, but I have a hard time imagining full-scale anonymity across all web-based applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back