• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is Brett Kavenaugh worth this fight, for Republicans?

Not that Kavanaugh needs much effort to "assassinate" his character (LOL), but the GOP didn't even need to try with Garland, as they wouldn't give him the decency of a hearing. No need to attack someone when you won't even let them have a hearing in the first place.

Apparently all of the people vouching for him and contradicting the smear brigade don't count because they lack the politically correct views.

No, it’s just irrelevant if he behaved well the majority of his life. If he also behaved really badly for some moments.

Aside from other concerns that aren’t mitigated by the presence of character witnesses.

Stupid cons keep saying that Kavenaugh's "life shouldn't be ruined" by these allegations. Exactly how is his life going to be "ruined" by returning to his position as a circuit court judge? He is not entitled to confirmation. His temperament and political bias alone make him a bad choice. This nutcase said his sexual assault allegations were "revenge on behalf of the Clintons" in a confirmation hearing!

No, it’s just irrelevant if he behaved well the majority of his life. If he also behaved really badly for some moments.

Aside from other concerns that aren’t mitigated by the presence of character witnesses.

But corroboration, much less proof, that he has behaved badly is lacking. So, we should all just dismiss a lifetime of achievement and decent, if not exemplary, behavior because somebody with a hazy memory thinks she remembers misbehavior over three decades ago, while in high school. Do you all have the slightest sense of proportion, or fairness? Apparently not. You misperceived political needs trump everything.

But corroboration, much less proof, that he has behaved badly is lacking. So, we should all just dismiss a lifetime of achievement and decent, if not exemplary, behavior because somebody with a hazy memory thinks she remembers misbehavior over three decades ago, while in high school. Do you all have the slightest sense of proportion, or fairness? Apparently not. You misperceived political needs trump everything.
"remembers misbehavior"?!! Are you out of your fucking mind, you psycho? Holding her down on the bed with their hand over her mouth while she struggled, groping her, trying to rip her clothes off, is "misbehavior"? Jesus Christ dude, seek therapy.

I was listening to one of the recent episodes of Slow Burn yesterday (season 2 focusing on the Lewinsky scandal), and it was insane hearing about all the Christian coalition / moral majority folks quoted about how you can't separate the politician from his morality, and how Clinton couldn't be trusted to run the country because of the affair, etc. It really drives home the absolute hypocritical nature of the current evangelicals - both for Trump in general and then also for the current situation.

One of the main takes conservatives in support of BK have is that he is allowed to be dishonest in defending himself against Ford's claims, because her claims are completely untrue and essentially a politically motivated hit job.

This fascinates me.

Yep, they are very sure of that.

Fascinatingly,in the absence of any evidence.

I mean the real cards on the table moment is about to happen in the next two weeks. Gerrymandering cases and the census question are both going to go 5-4 ruling in favor of things that help Republican control and power despite dwindling support. Don’t worry thought the court just does law, not political at all, and there’s no possible way they will overturn Roe.

The Roberts Court can possibly go down as the most racist court in half a century with the census and gerrymandering decisions.

I mean the real cards on the table moment is about to happen in the next two weeks. Gerrymandering cases and the census question are both going to go 5-4 ruling in favor of things that help Republican control and power despite dwindling support. Don’t worry thought the court just does law, not political at all, and there’s no possible way they will overturn Roe.

Yeah, Democrats that voted third-party or who just stayed home in 2016 rather than vote for Hillary are likely in for a shock in the next few weeks as the Supremes hand down rulings on extreme partisan gerrymandering and the Census. The only positive that may come out of these rulings is that wayward Democrats in 2020 at least won't be able to say that it doesn't matter who wins, or at least say it with any credibility.

I don't think those voters follow the news much or know how gerrymandering and the Census are basically cheating. And if they do, they assume both sides do it.

Brett bay has just announced that since "I like beer" that he has negotiated a deal with Coors to put a patch on his SC robe like NASCAR drivers do.

Goresuch being on the court is a far more problematic thing than Kavanaugh. Kav gets all the attention now, because there is a non-zero probability that he tried to rape one or two girls back in high-school and college, but he was legitimately nominated and confirmed along party lines. Goresuch has no business contributing to these opinions.

I don't think those voters follow the news much or know how gerrymandering and the Census are basically cheating. And if they do, they assume both sides do it.

I'm just trying to find a bright spot in what are likely going to be some very ugly rulings in the next few weeks. But, yeah, there probably aren't any bright spots in all this.

Democrats do gerrymander districts.

Back