• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Committed Tax Fraud & Insurance Fraud & Bank Fraud

You gotta admit the timing of this leak/story a day before the debates is pretty well done politics by whomever leaked it/wrote it.

You gotta admit the timing of this leak/story a day before the debates is pretty well done politics by whomever leaked it/wrote it.

Definitely hope the documents leak on Tuesday. Maybe this is the start of a whole month of surprises.

I suspect the returns are mostly dishonest self-serving fiction (lies).

Republicans consider this “smart”. And many can’t even tell the difference between truth and falsehood.

Thus he became their leader.

The issue with the partnership abandonment isn't the loss so much as the timing and character of the loss. If he received value then it's a capital loss and if he offset ordinary income against that then he could be in trouble.

[FONT=&quot]Abandoned or worthless partnership interest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]A loss incurred from the abandonment or worthlessness of a partnership interest is an ordinary loss only if both of the following tests are met.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
  • The transaction is not a sale or exchange.
  • The partner has not received an actual or deemed distribution from the partnership.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]If the partner receives even a de minimis actual or deemed distribution, the entire loss generally is a capital loss. However, see Payments for Unrealized Receivables and Inventory Items , later. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]For information on how to report an abandonment loss, see the Instructions for Form 4797. See Revenue Ruling 93-80 for more information on determining if a loss incurred on the abandonment or worthlessness of a partnership interest is a capital or an ordinary loss.[/FONT]

Last edited:
??

The dude is claiming billionaire status and yet has reported massive losses in almost every year for decades. Don't miss the forest for the trees. Whatever his actual wealth is, he's massively gaming the system to just avoid paying taxes altogether. Just think if you didn't have to pay taxes for decades.

Yeah but a huge part of those losses is comprised of depreciation and are only losses on paper.

The two items I cited are actual fraud. The third potential issue is the conservation easement.

Yeah but a huge part of those losses is comprised of depreciation and are only losses on paper.

The two items I cited are actual fraud. The third potential issue is the conservation easement.

Maybe his biggest legal issues are consulting fees and partnership losses (what ever that is)...but his biggest political issue should be the crumbling facade that he is a brilliant business man, foreign debts, paying less in taxes than someone like me, etc. But, he'll spin this into a "Failing NY Times" narrative and the "enemy of the people" rant at his next rally. I doubt it will dent his support, but maybe it will inspire a few more people to get out and vote against him.

Look, there are three things here. One, if we have a tax system that allows a man who owns extensive commercial real estate to write it all off as depreciating and pay no taxes on it year after year (it never goes up!), while everyone else has appreciating homes, there is inherently something wrong with the system. Two, if the system allows some assets to depreciate (because they actually do) but Trump manipulated the system to claim everything he owns is constantly depreciating, then there is a fundamental problem with Trump's taxes. Three, Trump is just paying no taxes. None. Despite claiming billionaire status. We have a major problem.

Last edited:
Didn't $250 haircuts basically tank John Edwards' populist president campaign? The Dems need to be chatting up that $70K haircut expense. Would like to see Biden reference it in the debate.

When I was teaching I would regularly drop $1,500-$2,000/year on shit for my class.

For shits and giggles I popped open some old tax returns and I paid more than Trump in federal taxes when I was a full time grad student.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

There seriously is a tweet for everything.

Meanwhile, the leading story on FoxNews.com is about Hunter Biden so that's where we are today

Meanwhile, the leading story on FoxNews.com is about Hunter Biden so that's where we are today

I always go to Foxnews when shit like this hits to see if it even registers.

Back