• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

All of the pieces shitting on Charlotte and the Hornets will be fun tomorrow after we win the lottery tonight

Getting Zion and immediately being better than the sixers would be pretty awesome

Stretch big. Fits the profile.

Kemba makes 3rd team All-NBA, which makes him eligible for a supermax contract (5 years, $221M). On one hand, he deserves it. On the other, that would absolutely crush the team's salary cap. The various levels available:

Super max- 5 years/$221M
Bird (w/CHA)- 5 years/$190M
Team w/room- 4 years/$141M

There is no way they can offer him the supermax, and they have a lot of room to still outbid everyone else, but does he get pissed if they don't offer it all to him? This is honestly the worst thing that could have happened under the circumstances.

I love the dude and how he embraced the city and the team, but probably should let him walk. Go back home and sign with the Knicks and play with KD and maybe Anthony Davis.

Kemba makes 3rd team All-NBA, which makes him eligible for a supermax contract (5 years, $221M). On one hand, he deserves it. On the other, that would absolutely crush the team's salary cap. The various levels available:

Super max- 5 years/$221M
Bird (w/CHA)- 5 years/$190M
Team w/room- 4 years/$141M

There is no way they can offer him the supermax, and they have a lot of room to still outbid everyone else, but does he get pissed if they don't offer it all to him? This is honestly the worst thing that could have happened under the circumstances.

Won't begrudge him if he walks and takes another offer, because as much as a bargain as he's been for the past 4 years, you just can't pay him $40+ miilion a year for the next 4-5 years and expect to put a competitive team around him. Will be sad if he goes, though.

I just don't understand how teams like the Warriors and Rockets and Thunder and wherever LeBron plays can load up on multiple max-contract guys, but if we sign the best player in our franchise's history to a deal like that it will completely prohibit us from signing anyone else for the rest of his career. Fuck Nic Batum with a crusty croissant.

I just don't understand how teams like the Warriors and Rockets and Thunder and wherever LeBron plays can load up on multiple max-contract guys, but if we sign the best player in our franchise's history to a deal like that it will completely prohibit us from signing anyone else for the rest of his career.

Um, because the guys on those teams have actually won playoff series?

I like Kemba but he's nowhere near good enough for us to attract other superstars or any veterans who are willing to play for us for less than their worth

I like Kemba but he's nowhere near good enough for us to attract other superstars or any veterans who are willing to play for us for less than their worth

Everybody knows the old saying. “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.”

Give the supermax to the ‘em, not the joiners.

There’s a very short list of players who deserve it. Dame is at the bottom edge. Not many coming up in the next few years deserve it either. Definitely not Kemba.

I just mean from a straight dollars / salary cap standpoint. The Warriors have a total 2018-2019 payroll of $148M, and the Thunder is at $145M. The Hornets are at $122M and are allegedly capped out. That $23-$26 million can make a big fucking difference as far as roster construction.

Skip Bayless on his show this morning saying the Hornets would've made the playoffs this year if they had Klay Thompson instead of Kemba.

Skip Bayless on his show this morning saying the Hornets would've made the playoffs this year if they had Klay Thompson instead of Kemba.

That doesn't seem that bold. I think Klay makes us 2-3 wins better at least as arguably the best two way player in the game.

That doesn't seem that bold. I think Klay makes us 2-3 wins better at least as arguably the best two way player in the game.

I love Klay, but he isn't close to being the two way player Kawhi or AD or Giannis are. He's a better shooter than Lebron, but Lebron is still better on both ends.

If true, which I don't think it is, I think that just says more about how bad Batum is than anything. Devonte Graham and Klay Thompson may be better than Kemba and Batum from a team standpoint, but individually I would still take Kemba over Klay. And Skip Bayless is a dumbass regardless.

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Kemba Supermax Eligible

Klay has such an underrated profile. As far as I can tell there has never been a player who averages 20 pts a game while shooting over 40% from deep while also being a top tier defender.

Klay has such an underrated profile. As far as I can tell there has never been a player who averages 20 pts a game while shooting over 40% from deep while also being a top tier defender.

Part of that is because there has never been a team like the Warriors. He is playing next to 3 HOFers, one of whom is arguably the best shooter in NBA history, and another who may end up a top-10 all time player. Put Klay on the Hornets and can he carry them completely on his back like Kemba has? I would be surprised if he could.

Part of that is because there has never been a team like the Warriors. He is playing next to 3 HOFers, one of whom is arguably the best shooter in NBA history, and another who may end up a top-10 all time player. Put Klay on the Hornets and can he carry them completely on his back like Kemba has? I would be surprised if he could.

You mean "carrying" the Hornets to 36 or so wins? Is that really carrying a team? If Klay replaces Kemba on the Hornets, I guess they miss the playoffs too, but that doesn't do much to boost Kemba's profile.

You can't be serious in thinking Draymond is a HOFer, can you?

Kemba can't cover anyone.

Back