• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

You mean "carrying" the Hornets to 36 or so wins? Is that really carrying a team? If Klay replaces Kemba on the Hornets, I guess they miss the playoffs too, but that doesn't do much to boost Kemba's profile.

It is carrying them more than the 25 or so wins they would probably get with Klay as the lead dog.

Klay is basically Reggie Miller with elite defense. That type of player can be the best player on a playoff team.

You can't be serious in thinking Draymond is a HOFer, can you?

Kemba can't cover anyone.

Draymond needs to keep it up for a few more years. He seems to be rejuvenated with Durant out. If he Curry and Klay win another title without Durant, I think he'd have a decent shot. Defensive Player of year. 2 time all NBA, 4-5 titles? There is precedent for the 3 or 4th guy in a perennial champion getting in on that basis. KC Jones. There are probably others.

KC was in a different era. Before he was elected to the HOF, he had also won two NBA championships as a coach and made four consecutive NBA finals as a coach. He's on a very short list of coaches who made four consecutive NBA Finals.

Rodman would be another but he won many rebounding titles as well.

Draymond is a very good player, but he's not a HOFer...at least not yet.

Yeah Draymond is more likely than not to make the HOF.

On the Klay - Reggie Miller comparisons, Reggie Miller was the only great offensive player on those Pacers teams and completely carried those teams. There is just no way to know if Klay is that type of player, as he has never even remotely had to be. We know Reggie Miller can be that player, we don't know that Klay can be. It won't happen, but I would love to see the Warriors re-sign Durant so that Klay gets squeezed out and goes to a garbage team by himself to see what he can do in that situation.

Klay isn't carrying the Hornets to the playoff bubble on his own.

Cody Martin in the second round. Jordan going for that former wolfpacker.

“The Charlotte Hornets select Jalen...” McDaniels. Hoard is now 8th best available on Bilas’s board.

Meh on the PJ Washington pick. High floor, low ceiling type of pick, basically a poor man's John Collins from what I've seen. I do think he'll be good next to Bridges and the two of them will work especially well together on defense. But damn we need some scoring, especially if Kemba walks. I don't see either of the second round guys panning out unless Martin is there just to play defense.

From the article: “If Batum leaves after one year and Kaminsky doesn't pan out, the Hornets are left with a lot of egg on their faces. That's a worst-case scenario.”

Lol. Kaminsky not panning out, plus the hornets giving a max deal to Batum who then regresses to unusability and crippling the team’s FA chances...THAT is the worst case scenario. This is the hornets, you have to adjust your incompetence plus bad luck scale to accommodate them.

Well we wouldn’t have actually been better with those picks, but the Memphis pick would be very nice to have as we start the rebuild

It's great management to have $85M committed to Batum, Marvin, Zeller and MKG. Without Kemba, the Hornets could be in the running for a Top 5 pick next year.

They'll be in the running for a top 5 pick for the next three years. As awful as those contracts are, the guys who replace those four when they leave aren't likely to catapult the Hornets to the top of the Eastern Conference.

I mean, the Hornets are looking at Ish Smith as a replecement for Kemba.

Back