• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

I don't understand why Miles Bridges does not start and play as much as he can handle. Looks like the second best player on the team next to Kemba.

Agreed, he is just electric. He brings so much more to the table at this point than either Batum or Marvin, he needs to move one of them to the bench soon.

Beat down the Bulls last night by almost 30. Kemba had 30 by the end of the 3rd quarter and didn't play at all n the 4th I don't think. It is crazy to have Tony Parker as the backup PG to energize the team when they get off to a slow start. I think Parker finished with 18 points in 19 minutes. MKG also continued to dominate inside, he had 15 and 8 in 19 minutes. Granted the Bulls suck, but it is fun to watch the Hornets play this open style and dominate easily.

Two really good games in a row, a two point loss on the road at Philly on the second night of a back to back (so TP rested and did not play) in a game that easily could have been a win if not for a complete dicking by the refs. I know there is no such thing as a bad loss, but to almost pull that out on the road against a supposed contender shows that this team has come a long way.

Then last night beat the Heat at home with an amazing stat line. Tony Fucking Parker had 24 and 11. Monk had 20. Batum had 20. MKG with his starting-to-become-routine 14 and 8 in 26 minutes. Kemba was the 4th leading scorer in a win against a solid team. When was the last time that happened? After watching the complete trash we have had leading the second unit for the past several years (Sessions, MCW), it is like this is a completely different team because of Parker.

Monk and Bridges seem to alternate who plays well from night to night, but when they both finally get consistent this team could be dangerous. They asked Parker after the game how good this team can be and he said he reserves judgment for another 10 games, which I think is the correct answer. If nothing else, they are a fun group to watch and root for.

One day our starters will be Kemba, Lamb, Monk, Bridges and MKG as a small ball death lineup and it will be glorious

Over .500, which is a good place to be in the East. The good news is that they've been beating the teams they should beat, the bad news is that they haven't closed against better teams when they have put themselves in a position to win. But I'll take it at this point, as we are in first place in the Southeast Division and currently tied for 5th in the East.

Miles Bridges holy shit. The dunks are insane, his shooting is better than advertised, and he rebounds and defends strong. Borrego has said he is specifically limiting his and Monk's minutes to get them more used to the NBA game, but it is tough to keep both of them on the bench. Bridges is the second-best player on the team and I don't think it is close. It is really weird because the 5 best players, in some order, are Kemba, Bridges, Monk, Parker, and MKG, and only one of them starts. Now maybe Parker and MKG have been so effective because their minutes are limited so they can burn all of their energy quicker, but the lineups can be frustrating. With the starters other than Kemba, the only thing you can really count on is that 2 of Marvin, Batum, Zeller, and Lamb won't show up each game. Zeller is more tolerable because his defense and toughness are solid even when not scoring, but Batum is a walking turnover and Marvin has basically had one good offensive game (last night) all year. Lamb is still too streaky. They are winning games against bad teams with this rotation, but when they start playing better teams they need to make some adjustments.

Got dicked (again) by the refs in Philly in a 1-point overtime loss after coming back from a 21-point 3rd Q deficit. Kemba had a chance to win it in regulation, missed the shot, and MKG got the rebound and put it in before the game clock buzzer, but the shot clock had expired on Kemba's shot which did not hit the rim. The good news is that pretty much the entire 4th Q and OT were Kemba, Monk, Bacon (who had 15 in his best game by far), Bridges, and MKG/Cody (until he fouled out). Hernangomez and Biyombo each got in to defend Embiid (and Lamb pulled his goin so was in the locker room). Absolutely no sign of Batum and Marvin, after they were the ones who helped put us in the 21-point hole. It seems that Borrego is realizing who his players are.

The bad news is that the ref let Embiid do whatever he wants and keep sending him to the line. He either travels or carries the ball on his hand on every offensive possession. He initiates most offensive contact, yet the Hornets are called for the fouls - he had 22 FT attempts. Meanwhile, he hammers Kemba every time he gets into the lane and few fouls are called on him. it was like playing Duke ... half the game he spends wandering the 3 point line, yet somehow he managed to foul out Cody and get 5 fouls on Willy and 4 on Biyombo, plus 3 on Bridges and 4 on MKG, yet Embiid only had 4 called on him while playing 39 minutes where he fouls virtually every possession. Complete garbage. And Simmons is a great athlete but horrible basketball player, and Fultz is basketball trash in every sense of the word. Plus Redick is Redick, and Saric still looks like he got hit in the face with a shovel. Combine that with their mook fanbase and it is just a frustrating team to lose to.

Got dicked (again) by the refs in Philly in a 1-point overtime loss after coming back from a 21-point 3rd Q deficit. Kemba had a chance to win it in regulation, missed the shot, and MKG got the rebound and put it in before the game clock buzzer, but the shot clock had expired on Kemba's shot which did not hit the rim. The good news is that pretty much the entire 4th Q and OT were Kemba, Monk, Bacon (who had 15 in his best game by far), Bridges, and MKG/Cody (until he fouled out). Hernangomez and Biyombo each got in to defend Embiid (and Lamb pulled his goin so was in the locker room). Absolutely no sign of Batum and Marvin, after they were the ones who helped put us in the 21-point hole. It seems that Borrego is realizing who his players are.

The bad news is that the ref let Embiid do whatever he wants and keep sending him to the line. He either travels or carries the ball on his hand on every offensive possession. He initiates most offensive contact, yet the Hornets are called for the fouls - he had 22 FT attempts. Meanwhile, he hammers Kemba every time he gets into the lane and few fouls are called on him. it was like playing Duke ... half the game he spends wandering the 3 point line, yet somehow he managed to foul out Cody and get 5 fouls on Willy and 4 on Biyombo, plus 3 on Bridges and 4 on MKG, yet Embiid only had 4 called on him while playing 39 minutes where he fouls virtually every possession. Complete garbage. And Simmons is a great athlete but horrible basketball player, and Fultz is basketball trash in every sense of the word. Plus Redick is Redick, and Saric still looks like he got hit in the face with a shovel. Combine that with their mook fanbase and it is just a frustrating team to lose to.

Looks like I turned the game off too soon.

Solid road win at Detroit yesterday to get back over .500. Kemba was Kemba and Parker was fantastic. Marvin seems to be finding his shot a little more. Batum still blows but his minutes are declining other than when they need him as a defensive stopper, which is acceptable. Have the chance to go 2 games over .500 on the road at Cleveland tomorrow, which would be a great start to the season.

Said on the broadcast tonight that his last two games has bumped his scoring average to the top of the league lead this year for qualified players.

Kemba - 103 points the last to games. He is so much fun to watch play. Hornets would be DFL without him. I agree with the posters who would like to see Bridges play more.

So has Kemba become the greatest athlete in CLT history? He won't get it because the national media pretend the Hornets don't exist, but he deserves serious MVP considerations. What he is doing this season is insane.

That said, from a team standpoint the best part of last night's game was when Kemba was completely gassed with 2 minutes or so left in the 4th, sitting on 40 points, and basically went and stood in the corner to catch a breather on two straight possessions and gave the ball to Parker. Parker simply hits two jumpshots in a row, and the then Kemba comes back with some energy and buries a 3 to seal the game. Other than his short stint with Lin, he has never had anyone to help him in those situations before.

This team is fun to watch and doing well. Remove the three separate assfuckings by the refs against Philly and we're three games over .500. Borrego realizes that the same lineups do not have to close every game - last night it was Kemba, Parker, Batum, Bridges, and Zeller against the bigger Celtics; we've seen Monk and Lamb and Hernangomez in those situations as well. Bacon is getting more playing time and the Batum/Marvin stiff parade is losing ground. Hopefully they will continue to improve as the season goes on while teams like Washington fall apart around them.

Fun team to root for and holy shit we won a close game I don't know what to do with my hands. There's still the occasional "WTF ARE YOU DOING?" moments at end of game situations and basically the entirety of the Cleveland game but this year at least has me excited for the first time in forever.

Should the hornets make a move for Beal?

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - KeMVP

If it meant unloading some of those garbage contracts, we should make a move for Steve Beal.

I forgot to mention how forgetting that Frank Kaminsky is a hornet has been one of the personal highlights of this season for me.

Early to tell and I know he's said he wants to remain a Hornet, but is there anyway Charlotte could resign Kemba for what is gonna cost to keep him? It would be such a kick in the nuts to this franchise to finally get excited about the future only to have the best player its ever walk because they've strapped themselves with awful contracts

Wouldn't overpay but with our glut at forward position and the way Lamb has been playing lately averaging 15 pts/game and 6 rebs/game over last 10 games you could package some attractive players like Lamb, Frank the tank, and either Marvin or Cody and then you have a super nasty backcourt with Malik and Parker as backups then opens door for more mins. for Miles @ SF along with Batum and then having MKG, Hernangomez, Bismack and either Marvin or Cody to play 4/5.

Hopefully Lamb can keep it up but not sure he is the guy you want to depend on in clutch situations against the top teams when it matters most.

Early to tell and I know he's said he wants to remain a Hornet, but is there anyway Charlotte could resign Kemba for what is gonna cost to keep him? It would be such a kick in the nuts to this franchise to finally get excited about the future only to have the best player its ever walk because they've strapped themselves with awful contracts

I'm not a cap expert, but I'm pretty sure they can given that they can offer him more money and an extra year more than any other team can under the CBA. I think that is part of the reason why they made the D12-Mozgov-Biyombo deals this offseason, something about adding an additional year of a useless contract but creating more room for Kemba. What I've seen is that they probably would not be able to re-sign Lamb and/or Frank in that scenario, but Frank doesn't play at this point anyway so I don't think anyone is pitching a fit if letting Lamb walk is the only real consequence of re-signing Kemba and holding steady until Marvin and Batum fall off the books.

Back