• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

The Grizzlies are not playing Conley, Valencunius, Jaren Jackson, Dillon Brooks, Avery Bradley, Kyle Anderson, CJ Miles or Joke Noah tonight in a game against the Pistons that we need them to win. Hopefully some G-league guys will want to prove themselves against an injured Blake Griffin and a reeling Pistons team.

Up to the Knicks tomorrow...at least they competed hard and won in Chicago tonight, and maybe Detroit expended a lot of energy with their big comeback.

All comes down to tonight, gotta beat the Magic and hope the Knicks somehow beat the Pistons. While it is fun to have a game that matters, the playoffs really would not be a question had Borrego gone to the younger guys sooner like commons sense indicated and if we hadn't shat all over ourselves in the midseason collapses against the Nets, Knicks, Cavs, etc.

It was kind of fitting that Ish lined the nail up on the coffin for the Hornets last night, fitting in the sense of being a Wake fan and a Hornets fan are essentially the same thing...

I'm hearing that Griffin may be out tonight, so there's that. Fun to be on ESPN for once as well!

1% chance for Zion!

I'll take that over what would have been a guaranteed series loss to the Bucks in four, maybe five games.

I'm not optimistic that we'll re-sign Kemba, and to be honest, who cares. We need a reboot. If Kemba is eligible for the super max, I don't think we can field a competitive team while paying Kemba over $40 million per year in addition to the Batum albatross on the books for two more years.

how can y'all cheer for a team that seemingly, without fail, loses in Oct-Feb and starts winning in March, just enough to either just miss the playoffs (and get a low lottery pick) or just make the playoffs (missing the lottery)?

this isn't the charlotte hornets, man

it's the charlotte bobcats with a rebrand designed to cash in on nostalgia

it's just odd to see the (relative) complacency on this thread vs. the vitriol towards everybody else's team on the other thread

this isn't the charlotte hornets, man

it's the charlotte bobcats with a rebrand designed to cash in on nostalgia

it's just odd to see the (relative) complacency on this thread vs. the vitriol towards everybody else's team on the other thread

I have thoughts on this:

I feel like you answered your own question about the relative complacency. I think there’s very few Hornet fans whose favorite basketball team is the hornets. Wake, State, Duke, UNC won’t up and leave as you kind of allude to there. So while I care about the hornets and watch almost every game I don’t live and die with them like I do state games.

Would be perfectly happy with a team that won 46 to 50 games most years and played good basketball. Unfortunately we’re nowhere close to that and should’ve traded Kemba at the trade deadline last season. By the time all these awful contracts were done we would’ve had 3 top draft picks which hopefully netted some really good players.

But whatever, kinda pointless to get your hopes up the team will get smart when even the owner, GM, and assistant GM care more about UNC basketball than the Hornets

The “Bobcats” rebrand really hit the nail on the head for me. Loved the Grandmama/Muggsy era and this is never going to be that. The mystique is gone and this is just a spectacularly mediocre team whose owner should be a total draw but instead is a dud. There is almost zero personality to be found anywhere individually or collectively. #BoreCity

I have thoughts on this:

I feel like you answered your own question about the relative complacency. I think there’s very few Hornet fans whose favorite basketball team is the hornets. Wake, State, Duke, UNC won’t up and leave as you kind of allude to there. So while I care about the hornets and watch almost every game I don’t live and die with them like I do state games.

Would be perfectly happy with a team that won 46 to 50 games most years and played good basketball. Unfortunately we’re nowhere close to that and should’ve traded Kemba at the trade deadline last season. By the time all these awful contracts were done we would’ve had 3 top draft picks which hopefully netted some really good players.

But whatever, kinda pointless to get your hopes up the team will get smart when even the owner, GM, and assistant GM care more about UNC basketball than the Hornets

We are in complete agreement, tintin. The sports board really is a magical place.

I just miss the real hornets...

We need MJ to take a tip from Magic and liquidate his ownership to someone that is going to do it the right way and hire the right people. Guarantee you the Hornets will continue to wade in mediocrity as long as MJ is associated with the organization. He just can't help himself in trying to insert his authority or slap a player up the side of a head in a game to completely humiliate him.

Great job by the social media team to keep the Hornets relevant during the NBA playoffs.

Cody Zeller encounter at Midwood Smokehouse at Park Road Shopping Center.

Thoughts and Prayers !

Back