• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

I don’t think we should sign anyone to contract above a vet minimum. Just fucking tank.

I don’t think we should sign anyone to contract above a vet minimum. Just fucking tank.

They basically can't sign anyone above the vet minimum or an MLE anyway after they sign their rookies.

Charlotte should be demanding Jordan sell the team at this point. Only good move he had ever made is changing the team name back. We will have the worst record next year, then somehow get a pick around the 10 spot, new lottery rules don't reward tanking nearly as much.

It doesn’t matter if you get good picks if you make bad picks.

We are raving about the Hawks plan but the core of what the Hawks did was draft three guys who look like at worst long time NBA starters at 5, 17, and 19.

Just sell the team and buy the Tampa Bay Rays or something. Basketball is clearly not Charlotte's thing.

You may be in luck. The Celtics are exploring a three team trade where the Celtics get Kemba, the Nets get Kyrie, and the Hornets get [checks report] Terry Rozier.

Terry Rozier would be a good addition at the right price. But it doesn’t really matter until the Hornets part ways with these stuffs on terrible contracts.

He's going to want $15M or so. We'll see what he does without top players.

3/58 for Terry Rozier

hahahahahahahaha

Just off yourself, Hornets.

3/58 for Terry Rozier

hahahahahahahaha

Just off yourself, Hornets.

Kyrie's been holding him back. Othewise he would have started more than 30 games in his career.

That’s just pathetic. What else are they getting in the sign and trade?

Nothing by my reading. It's just a terrible deal. Only positive is that it could be Rozier's prime and it might actually wind up as close to market. Negative is he's got a bunch of stiffs to pass to and when they get in trouble they're used to passing it back to Kemba with 6 seconds on the shot clock and letting him do his thing.

When I say it's a terrible deal though it's because the team's going to be awful with any of the PG options available to them, so why get the best point guard at the top of the market for him because you're working on a sign-and-trade to move your best player ? Might as well sign Ish for a fraction of Rozier's contract.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Rozier is one of the guys the Celtics picked when the Hornets turned down their proposed trade for a bunch of picks in order to draft Kaminsky.

Pretty sure Rozier is one of the guys the Celtics picked when the Hornets turned down their proposed trade for a bunch of picks in order to draft Kaminsky.

Yup, he was the 16th pick that draft and one of the four picks included in the offer for the Kaminsky pick.

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Kemba Supermax Eligible

Lamb to the Pacers.

Back