• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-2019 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lose Kemba and All Fans

I think it's obvious. MJ is so competitive that he wants to pass Dolan and Zeke to become the worst executive in NBA history.

Wake Forest and Charlotte Hornets basketball are dead and neither will be back within the next 5 years

If they trot out this lineup every night I’ll be ok with it
Rozier-Monk-Bacon-Bridges-Cody Lose a lot, develop the young guys, have some fun athletes on the court

Reality is they’ll run this into the ground:
Rozier-Bacon-Batum-Marv-Cody

Extremely looking forward to 2&2 in a two years talking about how this wasn’t a bad contract by comparison.

Batum, Biyombo, and Rozier are going to cost us $61m next year. That’s a trash bench on a bad team. Jesus.

Jordan is trying to challenge Dolan for worst owner.

He's already there as far as I'm concerned. Betraying Kemba was just insane.

This team wasn’t going anywhere next season even if they signed Kemba. He’s not an easy piece to build around either. By the end of that five-year contract, he would have been the albatross and the team never would have been a top four seed in the playoffs. Just an awful situation creatives the past four years in hopes of putting together a veteran team around Kemba.

This is really the worst thing that could happen. Get beat out for Kemba primarily because of the way they handled it financially, and then overypay for Terry Fucking Rozier. And still somehow manage to lose Lamb as well.

I'll wait until July 6 to see what actually gets signed before I confirm, but if it all goes as reported then I've already told my season ticket guy that I'm out.

Yeah, there really is no best case scenario for next year. We'll see if Kupchak can do anything worthwhile when Williams, MKG, and Biyombo all expire after next season.

Definitely in free agency. Need to draft another actual All-Star.

That is one of the worst things about this. If they knew they were going to low-ball Kemba, why draft PJ Washington? He may end up being a nice player, but from what I've seen he is generally viewed as a high-floor / low-ceiling guy. He might be a good complimentary player, but if odds were that Kemba was going to walk, why not take a swing for the fences, low-floor/high-ceiling guy? Just complete incompetence.

If you were going to lowball Kemba, you should have traded him midseason or before.

Agreed. I guess they thought that would look awful before the ASG, but I can't imagine anything worse than losing him in exchange for also overpaying Terry Fucking Rozier. From a purely basketball standpoint I'd take Devonte Graham over him 10 times out of 10.

Hard to fathom that they are paying Rozier that much. I can understand them doing this if they need to make the numbers work, but they should at least expect to get 2 or 3 draft picks in the deal.

I'm pretty sure Kemba is not worth a Max deal, so I can't 100% fault MJ for not paying him that much. Beyond that, even if MJ offered him $150 mil, I get the impression that Kemba was simply ready to move on and he wasn't going to take the extra $9-10 million, so he would have a chance to win something that mattered.

All this is predicated on the assumption that you shouldn't overpay --- like they did for Batum, Bismack, and Marvin. Then they go and spend this much on Rozier ... stupid is, as stupid does.

since Jordan became involved in 2006, has there been a worse franchise?

- Three playoff appearances, lost first round all three times, twice swept
- Two players to make the All-Star Game
- A .105 winning percentage one season

I guess the Kings have been worse, but at least they have the excuse of playing in the Western Conference

Back