• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millenials and Gen Z: Don’t forget to register to vote

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Seriously. Do it. Do it now.

Don't just register....VOTE...

Don't stay home like you did in 2016. Lowest turnout of any age group.

Don't just register....VOTE...

Don't stay home like you did in 2016. Lowest turnout of any age group.

Turnout among millennials is higher than it was among later Gen X voters in the 90s/early 2000s. Things not going your way politically isn’t young people’s fault. It’s your generation that’s responsible.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, it someone else's fault! It's not because you are lazy and blame others,, WAAAAAAHHHHH...

It's NOT my fault you know more about competitive jerking off with your buddies than you do about personal responsibity.

Turnout among millennials is higher than it was among later Gen X voters in the 90s/early 2000s. Things not going your way politically isn’t young people’s fault. It’s your generation that’s responsible.

That's IRRELEVANT...if NewEngland jumped off a cliff would you have to?

UNDER 50% of eligible voters 18-29 voted. That's 1000% THEIR fault, no one else's. The past is DEAD. What counts is what you did in your last try.

The next lowest turnout is 30-44. Again it's THEIR fault. No one else's

https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/2017/comm/voting-rates-age.html

That's IRRELEVANT...if NewEngland jumped off a cliff would you have to?

UNDER 50% of eligible voters 18-29 voted. That's 1000% THEIR fault, no one else's. The past is DEAD. What counts is what you did in your last try.

The next lowest turnout is 30-44. Again it's THEIR fault. No one else's

https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/2017/comm/voting-rates-age.html

I see what you’re saying rj, younger people should be more politically engaged and their voter turnout should be higher.

However to rail against millennial is a bit off base as well. They are more politically engaged at their age than previous generations were at the same age. They are also a lot more politically active in realms outside of voting.

You can say that they should have voted more. But you can’t lay complete blame on that generation of whom 64% voted against Trump, especially compared to the more active boomer and older gen Xers of whom 54% voted for Trump. I don’t think you get to cry foul for them not saving the older generations from themselves.

This does not absolve millennials from all culpability and they need to take responsibility (which all evidence I see points to incredible engagement at the grass roots level).

It's great that they are engaged, but it's like being good in practice and not showing up for the game.

You've got to vote!

Lol good grief...from the looks of the tags, this “get out the vote thread” really chapped a lot of asses in the keyboard warrior brigade.

The perfect RJ response

Because it's the truth. Who cares if you go to meetings or even marches, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

You blame others when your generation is too lazy to vote. It's not about what happened 10 or 20 or 30 years ago, you can change things today by showing up.

Let’s not let millennials not voting up to RJ’s standards distract us from the fact that baby boomers ruined America

Such a Boomer response from someone who thinks Trump is such a grave threat that he has done zero activism under his administration.

You are so right. you know everything about me.

But keep justifying your people not showing up. Hell, they don't even have to leave mommy's basement couch. They can vote absentee.

I know that you admitted to not doing anything recently. So if Trump is such a threat to our institutions, why not get involved?

have gone to a few get togethers and reached out to neighbors and others to try to beat Dana Rorabacher. It's going to be very close.

Guys he’s just mad because his cohorts put a mediocre, lying, attempted racist on the highest court in the land. I’d be pissed too.

He’s been shown the numbers proving that Millennials turned out in 2016 at higher rates, and much more in favor of the Democratic Party than his generation did at the same age. The earliest Baby Boomers caught the tail end of the protest culture of the 60s, spent the 70s tripping on acid, and then rang in the 80s by mostly staying home from the polls while their peers who did show up went pretty much 50/50 for Reagan. They then proceeded to give us Bush and Trump.

So if it makes him feel better to tell the kids on his lawn to go vote, let him rant.

Your ignorance is boundless. We've been fighting those guys for longer than you have been alive.

But keep blaming everyone for your failures. You're good at it.

Back