• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The O-Line

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Preseason even national columns were calling us one of the best units in the ACC with multiple NFL caliber players. I believe we've only had one injury so can anyone speculate what the issue is? Are the plays just developing too slowly? Are they tiring just like opposing defenses because of our pace? It's just baffling how pedestrian they look.

Preseason even national columns were calling us one of the best units in the ACC with multiple NFL caliber players. I believe we've only had one injury so can anyone speculate what the issue is? Are the plays just developing too slowly? Are they tiring just like opposing defenses because of our pace? It's just baffling how pedestrian they look.

They were just overrated. They're aren't that good.

Again, it was like watching a JV OL vs the Varsity DL. Pathetic.

Men against boys.... and not just the O line.

Clawson has alot to fix in the bye week.

Again, it was like watching a JV OL vs the Varsity DL. Pathetic.

Wake needs to be in a conference playing Rice and ODU and similar teams. We have absolutely no business playing the team we played today. This was a junior college team playing a lower-tier NFL team.

Wake needs to be in a conference playing Rice and ODU and similar teams. We have absolutely no business playing the team we played today. This was a junior college team playing a lower-tier NFL team.

So you'd rather win all the time versus a bunch of nobodies than play in the 2nd best conference and make 10x the TV money? Wake will never be the same as a top 4 Clemson team, but we aren't as bad as UNC is this year. Wake is an ACC team, just not a good one.

So you'd rather win all the time versus a bunch of nobodies than play in the 2nd best conference and make 10x the TV money? Wake will never be the same as a top 4 Clemson team, but we aren't as bad as UNC is this year. Wake is an ACC team, just not a good one.

Today worked out well. 63-3. We're fun to watch!!! I know 90% want to take the money from TV and look the other way. That's fine. I understand that position.

Heron was a big loss, but honestly outside of big Phil, we’ve got a bunch of guys that aren’t all that big (comparatively) and aren’t very athletic. A big part of pass blocking is being athletic enough and quick enough to stay in front of the pass rusher. While those guys have certainly matured and become better players, they are still not quality players most power 5 teams have. We need an Oline of guys that look like Phil Haynes.

We beat Texas A and M six games ago.

Today worked out well. 63-3. We're fun to watch!!! I know 90% want to take the money from TV and look the other way. That's fine. I understand that position.

I understand your frustration, but all you have to do is look at what playing in a lesser conference with no regional rivals has done to ECU’s football program to see what it would do to us, except worse.

This. They have the same type of athletes that Clemson has and our O Line was fine. That's why I'm so confused about this year. It's the same people.

A&M’s defense we played last year was not even in the same universe as Clemson’s, that’s a crazy comparison.

I understand your frustration, but all you have to do is look at what playing in a lesser conference with no regional rivals has done to ECU’s football program to see what it would do to us, except worse.

Look. I fully realize that most all of you are for us doing this same shit year after year after year and getting our brains beaten in just so we can say we are in the ACC. I GET IT. My only point is this hasn't gotten better and likely never will. If you want to lose 63-3 on national TV just to say we're apart of something BIG. I get it. And that's cool.

This was the culmination of 2 things. First, our OLine was overrated and isn't that good. Second, Clemson has a top 3 DLine in the country. They would look good against any OLine, but ours got exposed because they are nothing special and people thought they would be good this year.

Look. I fully realize that most all of you are for us doing this same shit year after year after year and getting our brains beaten in just so we can say we are in the ACC. I GET IT. My only point is this hasn't gotten better and likely never will. If you want to lose 63-3 on national TV just to say we're apart of something BIG. I get it. And that's cool.

There is no guarantee the same thing wouldn't happen at a lower level. We only beat the crap out of Rice BECAUSE we are in the ACC and can draw better athletes. If we are at a lower level it's the same playing field except we're still dealing with academic hurdles that places like ODU isn't. It's not just us. Should Rutgers drop to a lower level? Illinois? Oregon State?

Do even realize how bad our recruiting and attendance would be if we were a C-USA team or some other non power 5 team? Ask Rice how much better it is playing in a mid major conference as a small school. They are even in a much better area of the country for recruiting than us too.

There is no guarantee the same thing wouldn't happen at a lower level. We only beat the crap out of Rice BECAUSE we are in the ACC and can draw better athletes. If we are at a lower level it's the same playing field except we're still dealing with academic hurdles that places like ODU isn't. It's not just us. Should Rutgers drop to a lower level? Illinois? Oregon State?

Illinois - no, Oregon State - no, Wake - no, Rutgirls - yes.

Good questions. All I know is WFU and I know we lost 63-3 and are not even close to being competitive with Clemson. As for the schools you mentioned, I guess they need to do their own research.

Back