• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Florida State - October 20 3:30 ESPN2

If I was Hinton I’d quit the team. Clawson said he wanted to get Hinton on the field at slot, but couldn’t cause Newman wa shirt and Hinton had to be #2 QB. Well Newman isn’t hurt now, no Hinton in a game where Dortch and Bachman are limited?

Our defense is not very good. We are in short supply of linebackers. Our offense doesn't seem to be great right now. At what point do we get a clue and slow the game down on offense to try and shorten the game and keep our defense off the field????

Last edited:
If I was Hinton I’d quit the team. Clawson said he wanted to get Hinton on the field at slot, but couldn’t cause Newman wa shirt and Hinton had to be #2 QB. Well Newman isn’t hurt now, no Hinton in a game where Dortch and Bachman are limited?
Ugh, Hinton is hurt and didn't even make the trip.

Our defense is not very good. We are is short supply of linebackers. Our offense doesn't seem to be great right now. At what point do we get a clue and slow the game down on offense to try and shorten the game and keep our defense off the field????

Clawson does not change his system, over the long term that may be his downfall at Wake.

Our defense is not very good. We are is short supply of linebackers. Our offense doesn't seem to be great right now. At what point do we get a clue and slow the game down on offense to try and shorten the game and keep our defense off the field????

I had hoped we would use the bye week to get this shit straight. But no.

In the first full press conference after Sawvel left, Clawson went on for quite a while that Sawvel’s dismissal had nothing to do with any discussions at all. So much that I wondered whether he protested too much. I wonder if Sawvel went to Clawson and requested he slow the offense down to give his undermanned defense a chance. Who knows.

I think we’re all in with high tempo, even if it means we eventually have Chuck Wade playing linebacker.

At least NCSU is getting shit kicked. Around the triad we can stop hearing about how State might be a playoff team ad how not getting to beat WVU was going to hurt their playoff chances. State will whoop our ass but they are not top 25 material.

Also: all things considered our defense has not been horrible in this game. Started strong. Had two short fields from failed 4th down conversions, one more from a turnover, at least one more from a long punt return. Can’t send them out there every 1:21 and expect them to continually deliver, with safeties playing linebacker and wide receivers playing safety.

Hey look! FSU students didn't all leave at halftime. What a novel idea.

Hartman back in.

Also: all things considered our defense has not been horrible in this game. Started strong. Had two short fields from failed 4th down conversions, one more from a turnover, at least one more from a long punt return. Can’t send them out there every 1:21 and expect them to continually deliver, with safeties playing linebacker and wide receivers playing safety.

I completely agree, yet another reason to slow things down.

I am giving Clawson a pass this year due to the number of injuries, but it is obvious that our problems go way beyond that. These are unacceptable results in the fifth year of his tenure.

Good point

Back