• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Florida State - October 20 3:30 ESPN2

I am giving Clawson a pass this year due to the number of injuries, but it is obvious that our problems go way beyond that. These are unacceptable results in the fifth year of his tenure.

I am willing to give Claw a pass as well but if we (armchair qb's) can see the value in somewhat limiting the exposure of our defensive liabilities by using the play clock effectively, why can't Claw?

Beal-Smith should play more. Colburn and Carney are fine but Beal-Smith should see the field to at least keep them more rested.

You would think the staff may understand the correlation between the uptempo/high number of plays and the rash of injuries. I guess they don’t.

Damn, FSU's remaining schedule is brutal.

If I was Hinton I’d quit the team. Clawson said he wanted to get Hinton on the field at slot, but couldn’t cause Newman wa shirt and Hinton had to be #2 QB. Well Newman isn’t hurt now, no Hinton in a game where Dortch and Bachman are limited?

Clawson botched the quarterback position this season.

Jim Grobe says hello

Grobe would at least change his system in an attempt to suit personnel, even when it proved to not be a great move. Our uptempo offense with our defense this year just makes it worse for our defense.

Strnad, Basham and Masterson seemed to have pretty decent games. It seems like there are a few guys that can play and 3 or 4 that just cant get it done vs p5. Same thing with the offense. Dortch the RBs and a couple lineman are pretty good, but some of the others are either too young or just not good enough for the ACC.

Grobe would at least change his system in an attempt to suit personnel, even when it proved to not be a great move. Our uptempo offense with our defense this year just makes it worse for our defense.

No - Grobe/Lobo would try a new flavor of the day offense about 4-5 different times a season, no matter the personnel. Remember Price trying to run the triple option? Or Rinfrette split out wide more than being in the backfield?

No - Grobe/Lobo would try a new flavor of the day offense about 4-5 different times a season, no matter the personnel. Remember Price trying to run the triple option? Or Rinfrette split out wide more than being in the backfield?

That was what popped into my head. Price running the triple option was a complete shit show.

We need to huddle up some series and run at a conventional pace and at other times hurry up. Mix it up some and keep the opposing D more off balance and give our D more of a breather when it’s needed.

I’d take us over Maryland, Rutgers and Illinois

Kansas too. I think we can beat Louisville next week, if we are healthy enough to to play most of our best players. Even in years we supposedly have depth, we just aren’t a program that can absorb a lot of injuries and be competitive. There’s a lot bigger drop off from our 1’s to 2’s and 3’s than a lot of programs.

While I think we suck, I give Clawson a pass this season.

We have a very small margin of error for success and a ton of issues this year.

Should be improved the next couple of years, I think. Assuming we can figure out how to not be shockingly terrible on defense.

Agree that the up-tempo is not a good idea when our defense is this bad... Too many chances for them to get exposed and way too much time on the field.

Back