• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Florida State - October 20 3:30 ESPN2

Pilchard

Reaction score
Apparently, ESPN didn't get enough of WF football after last Saturday.

Surprising, but it's a light slate and I guess FSU's brand recog pushes this past UNC-Cuse and UVa-Duke

Both WF and FSU have a bye in advance of the 10/20 game.

May be FSU's last chance for a win, their last 5 games after WF are:

- #4 Clemson
- @ #20 NC State
- @ #5 Notre Dame
- BC
- #14 Florida

Those 5 teams are 25-3.

Worried we're gonna get both their and Louisville's best shot since it will be by far their best shot at a W. And both are off a bye

Worried we're gonna get both their and Louisville's best shot since it will be by far their best shot at a W. And both are off a bye

Well, it's up to us to give both of them our best shot as well.

FSU looked better this week against Miami than they've probably looked all year. I doubt we get any pressure on Francois with our pedestrian D-line and JV linebackers. This will be Hartman's first game in a big stadium. FSU, -20.

FSU line will be massively higher than it would've been had WF played at FSU last week (FSU would've been a small favorite). When a team gets exposed as extensively as WF was, it makes really hard to set a game line as nobody will bet on a team that looks as defenseless as WF looked on Saturday; so, whatever number is put on the game, the majority of the action will be on FSU. While signs had been pointing toward WF's defensive ineptitude, WF's defense in the 2nd half was low level FCS bad. Clemson scored 15 points less against Furman this year.

Louisville is woeful this year. If we only win one more game this season, I hope it is against that POS program and coach.

- #4 Clemson
- @ #20 NC State
- @ #5 Notre Dame
- BC
- #14 Florida

Those 5 teams are 25-3.

Ouch.
That's a hellacious schedule.

FSU campus closed through Friday due to Hurricane Michael. Good thing the game isn’t this Saturday.

I'm really interested in this game in who has the psychological advantage after this past weekend. After our drubbing, one would think Florida State would, but sometimes a big loss really helps the team to circle the wagons and get serious. The worst thing for team psychy in my opinion is what FSU went through-being up big and then blowing the lead and losing. In my experience (which is only in baseball so might be different) this can cause teammates to finger point or over analyze. Add this to the fact that hurricane will give less prep days, FSU will be looking past us to Clemson, and we have played FSU tight the past couple of years, I think WFU will look dramatically different in two Saturdays. Not saying we'll win, but I wouldn't be shocked.

I'm really interested in this game in who has the psychological advantage after this past weekend. After our drubbing, one would think Florida State would, but sometimes a big loss really helps the team to circle the wagons and get serious. The worst thing for team psychy in my opinion is what FSU went through-being up big and then blowing the lead and losing. In my experience (which is only in baseball so might be different) this can cause teammates to finger point or over analyze. Add this to the fact that hurricane will give less prep days, FSU will be looking past us to Clemson, and we have played FSU tight the past couple of years, I think WFU will look dramatically different in two Saturdays. Not saying we'll win, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Agreed. As has been said many times already, the bye week came at a good time.

This is how I see it too. The one takeaway I got from Clemson is that we were sufficiently humbled such that, with good coaching, a bye week, and an opponent in disarray, we should probably bounce back with some determination.

Honestly, just having the black cloud that is the Clemson Tigers (and for that matter Notre Dame) in your rear view mirror is bound to put a pep in the team’s step. Now every single game is potentially winnable, even State if things break right.

This thing is going to be bad. I say there is a good chance the game is postponed or moved. No way the panhandle recovers in one week from this.

- #4 Clemson
- @ #20 NC State
- @ #5 Notre Dame
- BC
- #14 Florida

Those 5 teams are 25-3.

We will have taken two weeks off from playing a competitive game.

Back