• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2018-19 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-11

Votes: 23 17.3%

Votes: 20 15.0%

Votes: 28 21.1%

Votes: 15 11.3%

Votes: 14 10.5%

Votes: 9 6.8%

Votes: 12 9.0%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winner.

Ayo, you gotta create more options on the upper and lower end of these (if you can)
10 options is the limit. Somehow Manning and crew underperformed my lowest expectations again. Another 20 L burger. I suck. OK, I'll go down to like 9 next year, regardless of coach. Tired of being on one end of the scale. Then again, we'll probably win 18+ next year if I do that.

“It’ll continue to go up. It went up this year, if you ask me,” he said. “It went up because last year youth wasn’t the issue. We had experienced guys. This year, it’s a lot of youth. There were a lot of people who didn’t think we’d win this many games. It’s scary because you look at our team and a lot of these faces you’ll see them again. I know a lot of positive things are going to happen. I look forward to it. I can’t wait.”
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-fall-in-ACC-Tournament-1st-round--129996470/

They think they exceeded expectations?!?!?
Holy shit.

I mean.

Holy shit.

“It’ll continue to go up. It went up this year, if you ask me,” he said. “It went up because last year youth wasn’t the issue. We had experienced guys. This year, it’s a lot of youth. There were a lot of people who didn’t think we’d win this many games. It’s scary because you look at our team and a lot of these faces you’ll see them again. I know a lot of positive things are going to happen. I look forward to it. I can’t wait.”
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-fall-in-ACC-Tournament-1st-round--129996470/

They think they exceeded expectations?!?!?
They think the fan base expects them to lose to Houston Baptist and the other trash we lost too? They think the fan base expected them to have the worst home loss ever? Jesus fucking christ.

It scares me that the only person who agrees with Brandon that’s not on the team is Ron Wellman. I fully expect Danny to be back next year.

To be fair, I'd argue that after the non-conference schedule, there were only a few folks around here that thought we'd win more than 1-2 conference games.

But yeah, it's a stretch to say that the team really exceeded expectations by any measure.

Yeah, I voted for 13 wins and thought that was bad. After the OOC debacles I thought we might go winless in ACC play.

As a pessimist when it comes to Manning's ability to turn players into a team, I'll go with 12 total, 4 ACC wins:

NC A&T
2 in Myrtle Beach
Houston Baptist
Western Carolina
Charlotte
Gardner-Webb
Cornell
NC State
Boston College
Pitt
Miami

9 out of 11's not too bad. Never saw Houston Baptist and GWU coming. We won more games this season than we should have based on the way we started. :eek:

To be fair, I'd argue that after the non-conference schedule, there were only a few folks around here that thought we'd win more than 1-2 conference games.

But yeah, it's a stretch to say that the team really exceeded expectations by any measure.

For my 11 I had us losing to TN, once in Myrtle Beach, and one other OOC game with 2 in-conference wins. I'm willing to say that Wake and 2 other ACC teams under-performed (at least on one night).

Well, me and 22 other loathsome bastards were right... fuck we suck.

I was one. Rather easy call in my opinion.
1 - Manning only averaged 13.5 wins the first four years, twice going 11-20
2 - lose Crawford, Woods, wilbekin and Moore
3 - most importantly, manning was still coach ;)

Back