• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2018-19 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-11

Votes: 23 17.3%

Votes: 20 15.0%

Votes: 28 21.1%

Votes: 15 11.3%

Votes: 14 10.5%

Votes: 9 6.8%

Votes: 12 9.0%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there any other reason other than total desperation that people think a Buffalo transfer who averaged 3 points and never played more than 14min a game, is going to be a significant contributor on this team? Okeke should be better than Smart unless there is something lm missing.

To be fair, Buffalo was rated better than Wake last year.

I voted an overly optimistic 15 wins. The past eight years have taught me to temper my enthusiasm. More twenty loss seasons than winning seasons will tend to do that. Then again, hope springs eternal so 15 is my WAG.

I went 14 wins. I think there is upside, above that, but we are sooo young. Anything less than an NCAA tournament birth in year 5 should be dismissal. Manning had 2 years grace because of [Redacted] and things were trending pretty good in the 16-17 season. Last year's struggles combined with this offseasons departures have left him in a precarious spot. Don't see how he can be retained after this year if he doesn't have really solid success.

Voted 15 because Danny seems like the kind of coach who will just enough games in the appropriate season to keep his job. 15-17 or 15-18 and maybe one Top 25 win is enough ammo for Wellman to keep the shitty coach around for another season. Next offseason 6-8 players will leave or be run off, and we'll be right back where we are today.

We can win 10 games next year and I don't think Wellman will fire Danny. We are going to have to wait for Wellman's retirement if your hoping for change.

Buffalo was KP #67 last year; WF was #89. Smart is from Greensboro. He transferred so that he could play closer to home and in the ACC. His minutes were limited because of injuries as he missed the first 10 games of last season. He is a big body and can rebound and dunk -- shot 68% from the field. He will play a small role this year.

Is there any other reason other than total desperation that people think a Buffalo transfer who averaged 3 points and never played more than 14min a game, is going to be a significant contributor on this team? Okeke should be better than Smart unless there is something lm missing.

Pilch just posted the correct response on Smart.

I don’t think anyone expects a lot out of him. Has anyone posted anything hyping him?

I think he’s a 10-15 min guy at the 5. That should be helpful. May have a few games closer to 20 min, but he’s not a guy with a ton of upside. He’s also more of a known commodity than most players on the roster.

We can win 10 games next year and I don't think Wellman will fire Danny. We are going to have to wait for Wellman's retirement if your hoping for change.

Again, people said the same about Bzz before his canning. I think Ron gets a little unfair rep for being intransigent -- if he were as bad as people make him out to be Bzz and certainly Grobe would've stayed even longer than they did

Again, people said the same about Bzz before his canning. I think Ron gets a little unfair rep for being intransigent -- if he were as bad as people make him out to be Bzz and certainly Grobe would've stayed even longer than they did

So, he's not really really really really awful. He's just really really really awful. Cool.

P much. Just don't buy the Manning will stay until Ron goes take based on what's gone down in the past

P much. Just don't buy the Manning will stay until Ron goes take based on what's gone down in the past

I agree. I don't buy that Ron has complete control over the hiring and firing of Manning anymore.

Okay, but a smart man fires a coach once it becomes obvious they are ill suited to the job. If anyone had doubts about BZ after one year, there were non after 2 years. He screwed Wake basketball for a generation by keeping him 2 more years after that.

Manning's sell by date was last year. Now you just have bad milk stinking up the fridge.

Wellman deserves far more scorn than he gets.

I agree. I don't buy that Ron has complete control over the hiring and firing of Manning anymore.
You're probably right about this. That's why us serious fans have been calling to fire the BOT. Failed leadership comes from the top!

I went 14 wins. I think there is upside, above that, but we are sooo young. Anything less than an NCAA tournament birth in year 5 should be dismissal. Manning had 2 years grace because of [Redacted] and things were trending pretty good in the 16-17 season. Last year's struggles combined with this offseasons departures have left him in a precarious spot. Don't see how he can be retained after this year if he doesn't have really solid success.

If I recall you were in favor of giving Manning this year. You now believe it would take damn near a miracle for him to succeed at a level that would justify keeping him.

Would it not have been far better to let him go before he needed a miracle season to save his job?

Okay, but a smart man fires a coach once it becomes obvious they are ill suited to the job. If anyone had doubts about BZ after one year, there were non after 2 years. He screwed Wake basketball for a generation by keeping him 2 more years after that.

Don't disagree, but I think the way he handled Dino screwed him with Bzz. If you get rid of two coaches in a row after such a short period of time, one of which was off a tournament appearance, it's gonna be even harder than it already is to get somebody to come work for you

Buffalo was KP #67 last year; WF was #89. Smart is from Greensboro. He transferred so that he could play closer to home and in the ACC. His minutes were limited because of injuries as he missed the first 10 games of last season. He is a big body and can rebound and dunk -- shot 68% from the field. He will play a small role this year.

Depends on how you define small. Nobody expects him to play 20-25 mpg, but 15 mpg is certainly realistic. We have very little depth and experience up front.

15 or 16 depending on who we get in the first day of the ACCT. 9-3 then 6-12 seems about right.

Back