• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2018-19 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-11

Votes: 23 17.3%

Votes: 20 15.0%

Votes: 28 21.1%

Votes: 15 11.3%

Votes: 14 10.5%

Votes: 9 6.8%

Votes: 12 9.0%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also view this as more evidence that we were worse than the sum of our parts last season.

That obviously reflects poorly on Manning.

It's really hard to win only 11 or 12 games when you play so many weak teams.

We had 11 wins last year.

We lost all but 3 players.

Some of the players we lost were above ACC replacement level players.

We only get credit for Hoard (and Torry Johnson) as net new players.

I would have expected a preseason KP worse than 12 wins or #91.

That has nothing to do with how I feel about the upcoming season or Manning as coach.

Purely a comment on the output of a statistical model. Nothing more.

I don’t know much about KP ranking methodologies, but generally, as predictive models go, the analysis would have very little data to input into the predictive model so the output about our team is a bit of a crap shoot. The prediction is probably largely based on the quality of our opponents and the strength of the ACC and not so much on what we bring to the table. That is, KP is predicting that we will probably beat some or most of our weak pre conference schedule and then even if we lose all of our ACC games by 10-15 points, our opponents will generally be ranked quite high so our ranking won’t tumble.

As an aside, I can’t believe we are only returning three players but not a single early departure is in the NBA.

Bump for anyone who missed it the first go-around.

I'm starting to worry that even I was too optimistic.

Maybe we should have broken down the 0-11 category as that appears where we are headed.

I don’t think 0-11 wins has any real chance of happening, but the silver lining would be that Manning surely gets fired in that scenario.

It’s the 12-16ish win scenario that is especially worrisome for me.

I don’t think 0-11 wins has any real chance of happening, but the silver lining would be that Manning surely gets fired in that scenario.

It’s the 12-16ish win scenario that is especially worrisome for me.

11-15 seems to be the range most likely to happen, which should still get Manning fired. My only caveat to that is if by miracle he gets Cole Anthony to sign despite such a record, we would need to keep him for Cole's 1 year.

11-15 seems to be the range most likely to happen, which should still get Manning fired. My only caveat to that is if by miracle he gets Cole Anthony to sign despite such a record, we would need to keep him for Cole's 1 year.

Keep a really bad coach for a player for just one year?

You smoking something?

No. No we wouldn’t. 17+ wins, plus Cole Anthony, + Hoard staying and it might be worth considering.

Danny needs to resign, Ernie Nestor finishes the season as interim HC.

Ron also please resign so our BB program can move on......

It feels like we need to create a new 0-5, 6-9, and 10-11 category and then just have a 15+ category as that is clearly a pipedream as long as DM is coach and then revote?

I'm starting to worry that even I was too optimistic.

If we don't get two wins out of the loser bracket of this tournament, getting to the 12 I voted for seems less and less likely.

Damn, I went with 16, gonna have to adjust that down to 13, which is Danny's lucky number. 8-4 maybe OOC and 4-14 in conference, or 4-15 if they don't pull our invite to the play-in round of the ACCT. 13-18, nice!! The epitome of consistency he is.

ETA: of course we'll lose again tomorrow and likely to Davidson or Richmond, maybe both. So 8 OOC wins is generous. That's me being an "optimist" haha

Back