• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2018-19 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins for WF on Selection Sunday (excluding exhibition)?

• 0-11

Votes: 23 17.3%

Votes: 20 15.0%

Votes: 28 21.1%

Votes: 15 11.3%

Votes: 14 10.5%

Votes: 9 6.8%

Votes: 12 9.0%

Votes: 7 5.3%

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 20 or more

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
with yesterday's results in the books, Pomeroy's updated ratings are out, and according to Pomeroy:

WF is the worst team in the ACC
WF would be the worst team in the SEC
WF would be the worst team in the Big Ten
WF would be the worst team in the Big XII
WF would be the worst team in the Big East
WF is rated higher than 2 PAC 12 teams !!!! (Cal and WSU)

#newbeginnings
#sameoldendings

When I go through the schedule game by game, I come up w/ 17 wins, but I've been saying all off-season that we'll exceed expectations this year, so I will say 18 wins.

Call it 9/10 OOC wins and 7/8 in the ACC + 1 in the ACC Tourney.

Bear Case:
7-5 (OOC), 3-15 (ACC), 0-1 (ACCT) = 10-21
Assumes we beat all of the doormats, but drop two of three in Myrtle Beach and lose to Davidson, @Richmond, @UT
Assumes we only win 3 ACC home games (BC/PITT/MIAMI?)

Base Case:
9-3 (OOC), 6-12 (ACC), 0-1 (ACCT) = 15-16
Assumes we drop 1 in Myrtle Beach, Lose @ Richmond, Lose @ UT
Assumes we win 5 home ACC games and 1 road ACC game

Bull Case:
11-1 (OOC), 9-9 (ACC), 1-1 (ACCT) = 21-11
Assumes we run the table, aside from @UT
Assumes we mostly hold serve at home (drop games to Duke/UNC/Louisville?), but get 3 road victories (@GT/@Miami/@Clemson?)
Young team gets better throughout the year... Wins an ACC game

I think you could obviously see better or worse than this, but I think those are the reasonable scenarios at each level. If we're worse, I don't think Manning makes it through the entire season.

Bear Case looks pretty solid at this point.

Much better than my 18 wins vote. Yikes. So optimistic. So wrong.

0-11 for me. Looking like it might be the third straight year either an extreme high or low number will win

apparently I didn't vote. not surprised I wasn't paying any attention.

Amazing how one win has quieted the call for DM head. He is still a crappy coach and should be gone

Amazing how one win has quieted the call for DM head. He is still a crappy coach and should be gone

It has?

More likely, it is because we have an 8 day layoff.

Or perhaps just the sad realization that nothing is going to happen until the season is over (in about a month).

It has?

More likely, it is because we have an 8 day layoff.

Or perhaps just the sad realization that nothing is going to happen until the season is over (in about a month).

I think it’s the latter. The chances of a mid-season firing were slim to begin with, but it’s clear now that nothing will happen until the end of the season.

Winner.

Ayo, you gotta create more options on the upper and lower end of these (if you can)

I have trouble even thinking of who plays on this team
In my 20 ish years of Wake fandom, I have never thought we are going to be bad and we've been good or even close to it (football or basketball), there have been a few years I thought we'd be good and we sucked, but never the other way.
As a blind squirrel finds a nut, i imagine we'll squeak out an ACC win or 3...maybe someone gets hot from 3 on an off night for our opponent, but I don't see how we win more than that.
Admittedly, I'm more ignorant of this team than any team in the last 20 years, so hopefully my ignorance is exposed and i'm wrong.....but this year is going to be rough (more of the same)

well, I guess this held up pretty well...admittedly it was like predicting the sun will rise in the East
The only silver lining was that we ended the year a significantly better team than we started the year, which hasn't been the case in the past
of course, we were so bad to start the year things couldn't get much worse and at best we were still bottom third of the ACC.

Even with Danny, next year I think we win 14-17 games, which will be a nice change of pace (albeit, still woefully below what we, as a fanbase, should expect)

Brandon Childress obviously doesn't read these boards. Told Les most people didn't think the team was capable of winning 11 games before the season started. Considered the amount of wins a success, which shows how brainwashed he is. Obviously more than 80% of the fan base felt more than 11 wins was achievable before the season started.

Brandon Childress obviously doesn't read these boards. Told Les most people didn't think the team was capable of winning 11 games before the season started. Considered the amount of wins a success, which shows how brainwashed he is. Obviously more than 80% of the fan base felt more than 11 wins was achievable before the season started.

“It’ll continue to go up. It went up this year, if you ask me,” he said. “It went up because last year youth wasn’t the issue. We had experienced guys. This year, it’s a lot of youth. There were a lot of people who didn’t think we’d win this many games. It’s scary because you look at our team and a lot of these faces you’ll see them again. I know a lot of positive things are going to happen. I look forward to it. I can’t wait.”
https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-fall-in-ACC-Tournament-1st-round--129996470/

They think they exceeded expectations?!?!?

Back