• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikki Haley Resigns as UN Ambassador

That’s the same link I posted.

Richard Spencer is on the short list to replace Haley.

Getting out before there's too much taint on her (probably literally and figuratively with the people in this administration).

Would love to know the why now and what is next for her given she is a rising star. Personally think it has zippo to do with expenses and more to do with more shuffling to come in Trump's cabinet. Some have said if Lindsey Graham were to become AG that she could then become Senator to fill his shoes in SC?

Would love to know the why now and what is next for her given she is a rising star. Personally think it has zippo to do with expenses and more to do with more shuffling to come in Trump's cabinet. Some have said if Lindsey Graham were to become AG that she could then become Senator to fill his shoes in SC?

That makes sense. Wouldn’t want to risk what happened in Alabama. Lindsey is up in 2020 regardless.

I don't think her star is rising much anymore, certainly not for national office. Everyone associated with Trump seems to leave with a worse reputation (ruined in many cases) than when they started working for him. Maybe she'll run for office again in SC, but she's damaged goods now. Maybe she'll get her own show on Fox, or become a "political analyst" talking head for them. In about a decade or so, Fox may be filled with former Trump aides who can no longer find work anywhere else.

That makes sense. Wouldn’t want to risk what happened in Alabama. Lindsey is up in 2020 regardless.

After the midterms, Trump fires Sessions and appoints Graham to be AG. Then, South Carolina governor Henry McMaster appoints Haley to Graham's unexpired term. She runs for re-election in 2020 and then runs for President in 2024 having been a Governor, Ambassador to the UN, and Senator.

I don't think her star is rising much anymore, certainly not for national office. Everyone associated with Trump seems to leave with a worse reputation (ruined in many cases) than when they started working for him. Maybe she'll run for office again in SC, but she's damaged goods now. Maybe she'll get her own show on Fox, or become a "political analyst" talking head for them. In about a decade or so, Fox may be filled with former Trump aides who can no longer find work anywhere else.

Completely disagree and if anything she was one of the few that was able to avoid being tainted and speak her mind and be a strong voice on the world stage.

Couldn't disagree more. Not sure the exact reason she's leaving but if Dump decides not to run in 2020, she could be in a great position to run. I think she'd be a great choice and a great place for us anti Dump Pubs to support. Gawd knows with potential Dem nominees (Booker, Sanders, Biden, Warren) she'd be a no brainer.

Completely disagree and if anything she was one of the few that was able to avoid being tainted and speak her mind and be a strong voice on the world stage.

We'll see. I don't think that anyone really escapes being tainted with Trump long term, especially if, as it appears, she is resigning under something of a financial/ethics issue cloud. Much of her future will depend on how Trump does - if his administration continues to do well, then she could still be a force within the GOP, although I'm dubious about how she would play with Democrats and the general voting public. If he tanks, though, it's going to be harder for her to separate herself from him than you probably think. And "strong voice" is subjective, as much of what she said was basically mouthing Trump talking points regarding the UN and foreign policy issues.

looks like r/The_Donald hasn't quite figured out how to spin this one yet

Back