• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1964 Wake (Piccolo) at Maryland

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score

Messing around on youtube and found some really good footage of the 1964 team featuring Brian Piccolo winning at College Park against the Terps.

I like that defense - basically 8 men in the box. Causing lots of havoc.

Also, I love how most of the guys for both teams, do not just run out of bounds. They get smashed on the sidelines, but stay in for the most part.

I like that defense - basically 8 men in the box. Causing lots of havoc.

Also, I love how most of the guys for both teams, do not just run out of bounds. They get smashed on the sidelines, but stay in for the most part.

Yep, the passing game was so different back then. Mackovic was an elusive QB and made some good throws. Of course Pic was a battering ram, none of his yards came easy.

wonderful video - a great win for our Deacs - everyone agrees

Wake vs. LSU in the 1979 Tangerine Bowl. Appears to be the entire game. What an unbelievable season.

Wake vs. LSU in the 1979 Tangerine Bowl. Appears to be the entire game. What an unbelievable season.

That was one of my first real memories of Wake Forest football. I loved those uniforms, Jay Venuto and Gary Schofield after that, slinging the rock!

Love the uniforms and love the way the D swarmed to the ball.

Lots of "targeting" in that game.

Back