• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does Louisville basketball deserve the death penalty?

It helps that Louisville did the hard[ish] thing I fired the Legend. But this is an athletic department that hired prostitutes for recruits, hired Bobby Petino after he lied to his own AD in Arkansas, accepted a stolen playbook. I would give them a year playing ban and allow all their players to transfer out. Would be a nice way to fill out our scholarships - to take players off their hands;-)

We can cal it quid pro playbook

Because they were paying Bowen's father 9 weeks AFTER they got their title stripped, that type of balls, I think they deserve to have the program shut down. If the NCAA allows programs that dirty to continually have major rules violations without giving them the SMU treatment, then there should not be an NCAA, schools should be able to do whatever they want. For the NCAA to prove its not a sham it needs to hand out the death penalty and put other programs on notice that this type of behavior cannot continue to run rampant at big programs.

NCAA could fix most of these problems by going back to no freshmen playing varsity.

NCAA could fix most of these problems by going back to no freshmen playing varsity.

Would work even better if NBA and players association would change minimum age and time post high school rules.

Because they were paying Bowen's father 9 weeks AFTER they got their title stripped, that type of balls, I think they deserve to have the program shut down. If the NCAA allows programs that dirty to continually have major rules violations without giving them the SMU treatment, then there should not be an NCAA, schools should be able to do whatever they want. For the NCAA to prove its not a sham it needs to hand out the death penalty and put other programs on notice that this type of behavior cannot continue to run rampant at big programs.

I agree. NCAA will try to avoid imposing penalties here. But this is right in their wheelhouse and deserves something heavy.

They certainly deserve it more than Wake did.

In the "Pony Excess" documentary, I feel like an NCAA official or two says the death penalty was even too steep for SMU, and they'd likely never issue it again. I mean they didn't issue it for Penn State, and ended up lessening those sanctions.

Would work even better if NBA and players association would change minimum age and time post high school rules.

There will still be plenty of incentive to pay players.

If the NCAA issues harsh sanctions they risk being sued and they know they'll probably lose.

Sued for what?

Just about anything. Penn State sued the NCAA over a fine. Do you think UNC wouldn't have sued the NCAA over jurisdictional authority if they had brought the hammer down on football and basketball ? There's too much money at stake to just shrug your shoulders and accept a penalty.

Just about anything. Penn State sued the NCAA over a fine. Do you think UNC wouldn't have sued the NCAA over jurisdictional authority if they had brought the hammer down on football and basketball ? There's too much money at stake to just shrug your shoulders and accept a penalty.

Part of the Penn State suit had to do with the issue of whether or not NCAA rules covered the issue for which the NCAA fined Penn State. There isn't that kind of ambiguity in the Louisville situation.

Part of the Penn State suit had to do with the issue of whether or not NCAA rules covered the issue for which the NCAA fined Penn State. There isn't that kind of ambiguity in the Louisville situation.

There is no NCAA...that was figured out when the tar holes scated. schools already do exactly what they want. im shocked to hear that pitino AND keatts had no idea what was going on...

Only after UNC gets the death penalty for doing more cheating than all the other cheating scandals combined.

Back