• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Melo Eggleston Leaves the Program

Scholarship practice players are very important to develop a team, so for scrimmaging purposes, Melo >>>> a walk on.

There's really only 3 potential reasons a coach ever wants to lose a player:

1. Bad locker room influence, bad chemistry with teammates

2. Getting in trouble, headache for staff

3. Team needs the scholarship for recruiting/transfer

Or after a few practices, he realized he wasn't going to play much this year or likely play much next year. It's a good time to leave if he transfers to a school where he can start classes immediately or at worst after first semester.

All true. But a player maybe doesn't want to be on a team if he isn't going to get PT and freshmen are going to play in front of him.

Bullshit. Plenty of players don't leave in October just because they aren't going to play. Doesn't it get tiring come up with excuses constantly?

Clawson should give Manning a 101 on how to handle situations like this

There's a pattern of players not wanting to be here. At this point, I'm not even counting on Manning actually leaving the program in better shape than [Redacted] did, which is the one remaining defense of Manning that I keep hearing from those who are dug in on him.

Our program is an embarrassment from the top down. Wellman, Manning, Jones, Transfers, Losing.....

I really didn't think the BB program could go lower than the floor [ ] established, but boy was I wrong. We can't even keep horrible players on a terrible team from transferring. So much for value of a WF education!

Thanks RW for sinking us to greater depths than no Deac has ever known before....

The one possible good takeaway is maybe Manning has finally realized how much better his starters are than his bench and is gonna shorten his rotations and max out the starters' playing time.

LOL you give Manning too much credit.

It feels like we're running out of walk-ons to give these extra scholarships to.

I don't think that's a good sign.

Just another sucker MILLENNIAL that didn't learn from his parents not to accept mediocity.

The difference between us boomers and MILLENNIALS like townie and Melo is that when we had problem, we went and tried to fix it. Not WHINE, BLAME others for it, post on social media, and then RUN home to MOMMY. Sad.

I really didn't think the BB program could go lower than the floor [ ] established, but boy was I wrong. We can't even keep horrible players on a terrible team from transferring. So much for value of a WF education!

Thanks RW for sinking us to greater depths than no Deac has ever known before....

perspective, please

nobody died

oh wait...

There's a pattern of players not wanting to be here. At this point, I'm not even counting on Manning actually leaving the program in better shape than [name redacted] did, which is the one remaining defense of Manning that I keep hearing from those who are dug in on him.

He is definitely making the next coach's job harder by the day. We need Manning gone now.

Our program is an embarrassment from the top down. Wellman, Manning, Jones, Transfers, Losing.....

When you take a step back and look at the whole picture, it's sort of hard to believe, even having suffered through [Redacted].

Back