• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Melo Eggleston Leaves the Program

You could have never convinced me that Manning would be anywhere close to as awful as redacted. But he is, certainly. Now, it’s going to be many years until Wake is relevant in basketball again. I bet you we are 10 years away from being a good basketball program. And that’s if we do a better than average job between now and then I’m terms of hiring a good coach. Wellman isn’t capable of doing that anymore, so I’m factoring in that we are two new coaches away from better times. So one more bad hire by Wellman and then new AD gets a good coach, and takes a few years to get things going.

Wellman tried to make up for Bzzzz by hiring a name like Danny Manning and hoping he would pan out, despite so little track record as a head coach. Well, it's panning out and getting a really good is just going to be harder to get every year that goes by.

Melo could see he was not going to play and wants a new start somewhere at a lower level (hard to do I know). Manning is a proven loser as a coach but I am not going to put this one on him as he was not forced out, it was all Melo.

Then again, Melo was a better than average defensive player. All that earns you on a Manning team is bench time.

Wake should just hold open tryouts with the undergrads to fill out the roster. I would die of laughter if a walk-on transferred out.

It would take an incredible amount of negative talent to leave the program in worse shape the Bzzzz did, but Manning may just be up to it.

It is all but guaranteed that Manning will leave the team with less talent than BZ. Assuming Hoard is one and done, it will not be close.

Had Manning been let go after 4 years, he would have improved the program. Wellman should never buy stocks.

Does Melo leaving, give Sunday the opportunity to be on scholarship? Maybe I'm wrong and he already is, but thought there was only one open and it was given to Bilas.

Losing seven players in one year does not signal a big problem. It signals a HUGE mf'in problem. Apparently no one wants to be on the team. It can only be solved with the termination of the Emperor(who has no clothes) and his minion. Not likely to ever happen, so new lows will now be the norm.

Does Melo leaving, give Sunday the opportunity to be on scholarship? Maybe I'm wrong and he already is, but thought there was only one open and it was given to Bilas.

yes it does, unless it's going to the transfer from Rice who had a scholarship there

although, I would imagine since the semester started long ago, nobody can get that scholarship until next semester

New strategy: Quit recruiting at the high school level. Just take 12 grad transfers every year. They would only transfer in, never out.

It is all but guaranteed that Manning will leave the team with less talent than BZ. Assuming Hoard is one and done, it will not be close.

Had Manning been let go after 4 years, he would have improved the program. Wellman should never buy stocks.

Lol. The only relatively known quantities on this year’s team at this point are Chill and I guess maybe Hoard. That’s a concern in and of itself, but it’s pretty bold to claim that a year from now this group minus Hoard will definitely be worse than the “Sensational 7” + Daniel Green and Miles Overton.

Did Rich Washington ever end up signing at any school or did he just give up playing basketball altogether?

Just another sucker MILLENNIAL that didn't learn from his parents not to accept mediocity.

The difference between us boomers and MILLENNIALS like townie and Melo is that when we had problem, we went and tried to fix it. Not WHINE, BLAME others for it, post on social media, and then RUN home to MOMMY. Sad.

"like townie and Melo"

A friend asked me today if Wake fans were done with football and looking forward to basketball season. My response was yes, the 2019-20 season. It didn't need much explanation.

in three years I will look back and get Eggleston and McClinton mixed up

in three years I will look back and get Eggleston and McClinton mixed up

Didn't McClinton get his degree? Now he can cash in with that Wake Forest undergrad! Ball stops bouncing eventually, what will Melo fall back on? Unless he transfers to a US News top 25, then the joke is on us!

Back