• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Melo Eggleston Leaves the Program

I finally watched the interview from yesterday. There was zero said that makes me feel like Manning has any sort of plan, or is even feeling any sort of urgency.

Maybe we should ship 100 toilets to LJVM along with a giant crate of MiraLax so that they get the sense of urgency.

I finally watched the interview from yesterday. There was zero said that makes me feel like Manning has any sort of plan, or is even feeling any sort of urgency.

I made this point last night on the 24/7 boards (yeah, I post over there... wanna fight about it?)... It is definitely weird.

I mean, the man shows no emotion (aside from seeming pissed off all of the time), but you'd think there would be a sense of urgency. He's still talking like this is year 1.

I didn't initially hate the #newbeginnings hashtag as much as some of you, but I'm starting to get it.

Agree with you overall point, but Chill showed way more in his first two years than Mitchell or Eggleston (in 1).

Yes on Melo, but Mitchell was going to be a nice player for us as a junior and senior. Melo is only entering his sophomore year, so there would have still been plenty of time. Mitchell was a complete non-factor as a freshman, but really starting contributing as a sophomore. I think he would have gotten a lot of playing time this year at the 3 and 4. Melo would have been in line for minutes next year assuming that Hoard leaves, but this year would have probably been slim.

Maybe Manning just realizes he's in way over his head and he's just decided to ride it out until the paycheck stops being deposited? There doesn't seem to be any sort of overt desire to win...it's something he says he knows needs to happen in this league, but it almost seems secondary to "developing kids into better people" or something along those lines. Can't tell if he really believes it or just thinks it will play well to the money guys and Wellman. Regardless, he's failing miserably there too since no one stays around except the coach's son.

He surely knows that he's not able to do what the good coaches in this league are doing after seeing it first-hand for four seasons? It's strangely similar feeling to [Redacted] near the end. No real answers or specifics, just fluff and vague platitudes about developing kids into men. He's says all of the same things. He's just less offensive when saying them.

Last edited:
If Melo had the athletic ability to play defense and rebound a good coach could have turned him into a useful player.

I didn't realize he was still here, I thought he left before last season. Who knew? I saw this thread at the top and thought damn, somebody must have revived this thread from last year because Melo is looking good in practice at whatever school he ended up at. Oops. Fuck you, Ron Wellman.

It's a shame no reporters have the balls to ask manning a difficult question or the courage to call him on a bullshit answer.

That's an interesting stat coach. However, this program has way more than 1.5 transfers a year. Can you explain that?

It's a shame no reporters have the balls to ask manning a difficult question or the courage to call him on a bullshit answer.

That's an interesting stat coach. However, this program has way more than 1.5 transfers a year. Can you explain that?

Melo makes the 5th Manning recruit to transfer out of the program before graduation (Hudson, SJM, Mitchell, Rich Wash) and the 6th overall (Woods). He’s been here 4 years. I’ll let you do the math.

Yeah, when he mentioned that number, I was sitting there thinking that we are already to 1 and practice hasn't even started yet.

Melo makes the 5th Manning recruit to transfer out of the program before graduation (Hudson, SJM, Mitchell, Rich Wash) and the 6th overall (Woods). He’s been here 4 years. I’ll let you do the math.

Which is why the follow-up should have been about all of the players who didn't transfer but are no longer part of the program despite having eligibility left.

It is a novel and provocative idea; but, perhaps we should wait and see how these new guys actually play together before we criticize them for being our team. I am eager to see some new guys and a new beginning of sorts.

The obvious fact was that we had some guys who didn't belong together and probably some who didn't belong on an ACC team. Given the upheaval that has lasted now for 7 or 8 years, the turnover is not completely shocking even though it is exceptional and less than ideal.

I don’t see anybody criticizing the new players.

Back