• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Las Vegas suites

Another good place we used to go was the Sahara. Its gone now, but in 1975 I spent a weekend there with Bill Sadler and Steve Capinelli.

Back in those days they had the best buffet in Vegas. Billy hadn't really made it into acting yet, and Stevie was helping me produce Janis Joplin's final album.

We were at the Knickerbocker Room on Tropicana for dinner and dropped about $800 on dinner and drinks. We got in a cab to head back to the Sahara and the cabbie turns out to be a guy i knew from Philly, Morry Clemons.

So he offers to take us to the best strip club in town and says no one knows about it other than locals. It's in a warehouse in a desolate part of town on the south end of the strip - where Mandalay is today.

We all go in and Morry comes with us. Inside it's hookers everywhere and it's basically a sex show. We got some drinks and sat down to watch.

About this time the police showed up and busted the whole place up. Turns out it was in the city limits and the sex show wasn't legal. So everyone in the place gets arrested, including us.

Stevie uses his phone call to call his uncle back in Jersey. next thing you know we're getting balied out by a guy Stevie only knows as Three Fingers Tommy, who is missing his index finger and thumb on his right hand. Turns out that the Capinellis were running half of Vegas in those days. First time I ever remember getting bailed out of jail by a mobster.

That's gold, Jerry, GOLD!!!!

There is urban legend (NOT SURE IT"'S TRUE) in Vegas that Steve Wynn got upset at the mounds on a hole of his super exclusive club. He call the course supesuperintendent to have the mounds removed. The course was closed for a couple of weeks and they were gone.

I NEVER understood why the convention bureau didn't have the slots at the airport payoff BIGLY. If the last bets you make payoff, you leave with a better attitude. Also, if people for their flights hear lots of bells and whistles, it WILL be a positive reinforcement.

Check airbnb. That's what we've been using whenever we have a good size group. Can get good places both on and off the strip.

Most likely a posthumous album. I don't know why anyone would question rkarl.

Back