Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mike Helms

Quote Originally Posted by silk View Post
    This.

Skip Brown was the best guard in his day among many good ACC guards.

I thought Rutland was on the road to greatness when he blew out his knee.
    As much as I love Skip, Iíd be hard pressed to rank him above Phil Ford. That said, I used to love watching Skip and Ford go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjenkdeac View Post
    Any concrete confirmation on this. I have seen no obits anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    I haven't been able to find any either. I got if from a Deacon facebook group, a couple of people on there confirmed it, but it'd be nice to find an obit.
    Obits cost money. There is a Go fund me request for Mike Helms memorial. Apparently Mike was broke and did not have life insurance.

Brian Hightower started it on behalf of Mike's widow. Anybody recognize that name?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Obits cost money. There is a Go fund me request for Mike Helms memorial. Apparently Mike was broke and did not have life insurance.

Brian Hightower started it on behalf of Mike's widow. Anybody recognize that name?
    Helms and Schelly arenít helping our life after the ball stops bouncing theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post

Sad to hear that.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by jimjenkdeac View Post
    Any concrete confirmation on this. I have seen no obits anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by wfu22fan View Post
    Helms and Schelly arenít helping our life after the ball stops bouncing theme.
    Helms troubles started even before he graduated. Unfortunately that was before colleges were doing as much to help students with those issues.