• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anual Minutes allocation guess-o-matic hoops men

The Wynn reports are coming from more sources now. Sounds like he is a shooter on a team where that skill is in short supply (given Woods, Wilbekin, and even Crawford aren’t here).

We know Manning likes shooters.

I assume Wynn will at least get a chance to see if he can make perimeter shots in actual games. Maybe he can’t.

I still think (hope) Mucius plays the most of the non-Hoard freshmen.

Is he a shooter when he's not going against air or a Wake Forest defense?

I would say that Wynn will end up being the most pleasant surprise of the freshmen. He will not be as good as Hoard but everyone already feels Jaylen will be good, but are surprised by Mike. The minutes I posted are not necessarily strictly about talent but more about where we need immediate help and where we can work some Freshmen slowly into the process rather than throwing them to the wolves so to speak. Also this is anticipating no major injuries which obviously could make a big difference in who plays and where. One thing that will be different in this team is the length as well as the versatility of most of the players to play multiple positions. Now if Manning can teach them how to run just an adequate defense ( I am not convinced he can) and not run crazy nonsensical line-ups out there, we could be decent.

Great. Now we are hyping up a kid nobody had ever heard of until a few months ago.

Great. Now we are hyping up a kid nobody had ever heard of until a few months ago.

I’m not trying to hype him up, aside from some dumb jokes.

But I do think it’s worth posting that he’s apparently not a complete stiff and will probably get some minutes this season.

There should be ample minutes for whichever of the newcomers can separate themselves.

The list of Wake players who people weren’t complete stiffs who ended up being complete stiffs is pretty long.

Is Mike Wynn the third guard who plays with BChill and Chaundee in the three guard lineup?

Danny played it a lot last year. The question always was, did he play it because he liked the idea of a three guard lineup or did he play it because he thought those were his best three at those positions?

Chaundee is 6-5 and Wynn 6-6 (with or without hair?) Both are big enough to cover most SG and SF. Chaundee has shown he can do it. We know he will play as much as his stamina allows at 2/3.

There may be a battle for minutes between Wynn and Mucius because Chaundee can play the alternate position. Will Wynn's preseason practice hot shooting continue into real games? Will Mucius' length translate into good defense? Which will be valued more by the staff?
Some of many questions that make it really hard to predict minutes. But in the interest of speculation, I'll take a spin on the guess-o-matic.

The firmest minutes are BChill and Chaundee at 30 per game. As the scholarship player with the most years at Wake, this team should be BChill's to run.

Torry Johnson will play at least 20 mpg, especially at the start of the season. I would be shocked if he’s not the third guard in Manning’s rotation. Manning values experience, and Johnson wouldn’t have come to Wake if he was only going to play 6 mpg.

Smart will probably play closer to 14 mpg.

Torry Johnson will play at least 20 mpg, especially at the start of the season. I would be shocked if he’s not the third guard in Manning’s rotation. Manning values experience, and Johnson wouldn’t have come to Wake if he was only going to play 6 mpg.

I predict Manning's favorite lineup will be Chill, Chaundee, Johnson, Wynn, & Hoard.

4 Guards plus a small forward will revolutionize college basketball.

For some reason, it was ineffective last year, but this year, with all of the improved chemistry, look out.

Yes on Johnson... Especially if he can handle the ball a little bit and spell Chill when he needs a blow. I don't expect much out of Johnson. Hoping he ends up being better than he was at Northern Arizona in a reduced role at Wake Forest.

Also agree on Smart. I don't know how many minutes he'll log, but I think he'll play as much as he's able. IIRC, he has back issues. Hoping to get 10-15 solid minutes of defense and rebounding out of him. Probably more against teams w/ an actual big man that he can guard (there aren't many).

I predict Manning's favorite lineup will be Chill, Chaundee, Johnson, Wynn, & Hoard.

4 Guards plus a small forward will revolutionize college basketball.

For some reason, it was ineffective last year, but this year, with all of the improved chemistry, look out.

I know that's largely tongue-in-cheek, but Sarr is going to play a ton this year and Hoard ain't playing the 5.

If you want to rip on Manning's odd lineup choices, I suspect you'll get plenty of chances... But probably not with that example above.

I know that's largely tongue-in-cheek, but Sarr is going to play a ton this year and Hoard ain't playing the 5.

If you want to rip on Manning's odd lineup choices, I suspect you'll get plenty of chances... But probably not with that example above.

Wanna bet? I would wager that Hoard will play some 5 surrounded by 4 guards. I don't know enough about all the new guards to know which ones will get the run, but you know Manning will find a way to get 4 at a time.

No guarantee that Sarr will be the 5th guy based on past performance.

Wanna bet? I would wager that Hoard will play some 5 surrounded by 4 guards. I don't know enough about all the new guards to know which ones will get the run, but you know Manning will find a way to get 4 at a time.

No guarantee that Sarr will be the 5th guy based on past performance.

Might it happen once or twice? Sure.

Manning’s favorite lineup? Hell no.

We are certainly thin underneath with Sarr/Smart... But if Hoard is playing the 5, I think we’d have more height on the floor with him.

Honestly, I have no idea. Not sure why I’m even defending Manning’s batshit crazy lineup tendencies.

Wynn is listed at 6-6. Not sure if that is including or excluding hair.

Might it happen once or twice? Sure.

Manning’s favorite lineup? Hell no.

We are certainly thin underneath with Sarr/Smart... But if Hoard is playing the 5, I think we’d have more height on the floor with him.

Honestly, I have no idea. Not sure why I’m even defending Manning’s batshit crazy lineup tendencies.

That's what is so funny about people projecting minutes. The board uses sensible lineups with 2-3 guards. Manning does crazy shit and it is different each year.

Last year was probably the worst with 4 guard lineups and starting TT for the first few minutes of each half.

There is no telling what crazy ass lineups we will get or what good players will sit in favor of lessor players that Danny likes more.

Nothing would surprise me except seeing the best 5 five playing most of the minutes.

It would not even surprise me to see Hoard play under 20 minutes a game.

Back