• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anual Minutes allocation guess-o-matic hoops men

I’m really afraid we are overrating Mucius and what he can contribute as a freshman.

Word on Mucius is he is surprisingly advanced plus he apparently is a great team guy and good with the press. Still a fr but may be better than expected.

Word on Mucius is he is surprisingly advanced plus he apparently is a great team guy and good with the press. Still a fr but may be better than expected.
He's practicing against Wake Forest though...

He's practicing against Wake Forest though...

There are individual skills and capabilities that are either present or absent and the level of the opponent is irrelevant. Footwork, timing, knowing a good shot from a bad shot. Boxing out technique. Setting screens properly.

If he has these and other skills pretty well down at college level, that is a big plus.

No matter what wild ass guess I could propose, one thing seems certain. Coach Manning will make most of us shake our heads in (provide adjective) at his line ups and allocation of minutes over the course of the season. That you can bet on if someone is willing to book it.

No matter what wild ass guess I could propose, one thing seems certain. Coach Manning will make most of us shake our heads in (provide adjective) at his line ups and allocation of minutes over the course of the season. That you can bet on if someone is willing to book it.

Go to a bookie parlor in England. They'll take bets on anything.

I’m really afraid we are overrating Mucius and what he can contribute as a freshman.

Me too.

I think he’ll be a good one for the Deacs, but not sure he’s a starter on day one. Or even 6th man.

Me too.

I think he’ll be a good one for the Deacs, but not sure he’s a starter on day one. Or even 6th man.

Somebody has to start and with all the defections it would be a pretty bad sign if he doesn't.

With Manning's turnover rate, there is no waiting behind the upperclassmen for your turn.

Me too.

Opening game starters could be BChill-Johnson-Brown-Hoard-Sarr. That would be all "experienced" guys plus the best freshman.

I'm afraid we're overrating nearly everyone on the team. There's serious question marks with literally every player. If everything goes great, we could have a decent season. We could also be abysmal, especially if there are injuries.

Yeah. For example, Childress was well behind Crawford and behind Woods last year. People who are trashing them seem to think Childress is capable of playing 30+ quality minutes at PG.

Lot's of people taking the feel-good lectro approach on this thread.

Lot's of people taking the feel-good lectro approach on this thread.

If you can't be optimistic at the start of a new season with a lot of new players, when should you be optimistic?

When the new players are generally thought to be good new players.

If you can't be optimistic at the start of a new season with a lot of new players, when should you be optimistic?

When there's something to be optimistic about? "New" alone is not a reason to be optimistic...in fact, given that we lost our best players, it's potentially a reason to be pessimistic about our shot at being better this year than last. I've been optimistic at the start of of a lot of seasons, including the start of this past football season. This basketball season is not one of them.

Nothing I've seen so far makes me think he can play there and we are very weak up front. If he can, he's going to be a lottery pick.

Yeah. For example, Childress was well behind Crawford and behind Woods last year. People who are trashing them seem to think Childress is capable of playing 30+ quality minutes at PG.

I won’t speak to quality, but Chill played over 26 mpg last season... Vast majority at PG.

That seems like much less of a stretch than some other board assumptions.

Back