• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anual Minutes allocation guess-o-matic hoops men

I won’t speak to quality, but Chill played over 26 mpg last season... Vast majority at PG.

That seems like much less of a stretch than some other board assumptions.

My post was about quality.

My post was about quality.

Yeah, can’t help you there.

The best spin I have is that he’s more of a true point guard and less of an x-factor than Crawford.

And you can of course quibble about whether Crawford was giving us quality PG play last year.

Yeah, can’t help you there.

The best spin I have is that he’s more of a true point guard and less of an x-factor than Crawford.

And you can of course quibble about whether Crawford was giving us quality PG play last year.

Yeah. You can quibble about that. Can't quibble about whether Childress was better than Crawford because he clearly wasn't.

If you can't be optimistic at the start of a new season with a lot of new players, when should you be optimistic?

When the new thing is the coach instead of a bunch of transfers from lower level teams.

I won’t speak to quality, but Chill played over 26 mpg last season... Vast majority at PG.

That seems like much less of a stretch than some other board assumptions.

It adds an extra burden on a player when they’re the primary ball-handler. I would wager that nearly all of Childress’ time next year will be spent as the primary ball-handler, whereas it was common last year for Childress to have some possessions off ball when Crawford was on the floor.

Yeah. You can quibble about that. Can't quibble about whether Childress was better than Crawford because he clearly wasn't.

Not sure the difference is all that great when we look at the numbers. Yes Crawford averaged 7ppg more than Brandon (and averaged 5.5 more mpg) but Brandon had a better 3 point % 38/36, better assist to t/o ratio, 1.8/1.4. FT's were a slight edge to Crawford 87/84% and rebounds were about even 2.9/2.7rpg which is remarkable given size differential between the 2. In the interest of full disclosure, Crawford did shoot a better overall FG% at 41/38%. That is just one side of the game, defensively Childress was light years ahead of Crawford there, maybe because he actually tried?

Last edited:
Not sure the difference is all that great when we look at the numbers. Yes Crawford averaged 7ppg more than Brandon (and averaged 5.5 more mpg) but Brandon had a better 3 point % 38/36, better assist to t/o ratio, 1.8/1.4. FT's were a slight edge to Crawford 87/84% and rebounds were about even 2.9/2.7rpg which is remarkable given size differential between the 2. In the interest of full disclosure, Crawford did shoot a better overall FG% at 41/38%. That is just one side of the game, defensively Childress was light years ahead of Crawford there, maybe because he actually tried?

As has been discussed, different roles. Childress wasn't in charge of producing and running the offense nearly to the extent he will be expected to this year. We don't know how he will respond or what his stats will look like when the offense has to run through him for most of the entire game. Is he a guy that can find his own shot when needed like Craw? If not, who will that be?

He was better, but not light years better. The only good player we had on defense last year was Doral. Crawford was significantly better than Chill offensively, but Chill’s not going to be asked to fill that role.

After 30+ mpg for Crawford in each of his 3 seasons, it’s gonna be weird not having him on the court. Or dominating the ball.

Not necessarily better or worse. Just different.

As has been discussed, different roles. Childress wasn't in charge of producing and running the offense nearly to the extent he will be expected to this year. We don't know how he will respond or what his stats will look like when the offense has to run through him for most of the entire game. Is he a guy that can find his own shot when needed like Craw? If not, who will that be?

Hopefully Chaundee (who showed brief flashes last year) and Hoard. Chill’s best role is to get more talented players the ball in dangerous spots, be a vocal leader on both ends of the floor, hit 3s, and protect the ball. The drop off from Crawford to Chill in those specific traits isn’t that large.

So I guess we’re just going with “Anual”?

Didn’t feel like editing that mistake over the last few days?

Nah, we’re good.

Nah, we’re good.

we still have an "offical" thread here too

and "anual" obviously could have been worse...

Nah, we’re good.

Also, does "men" mean that only men are allowed to opine on this guess-o-matic?

Back