• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billy Joel at Groves Stadium

that’s not even one of the 50 dumbest DR posts

Y’all are so proud? Feeling accomplished?

Classic WF folk. We lose because of you.

still can't believe i was duped into enjoying billy joel so i would forget about how much we have sucked in basketball since 2006.

i also heard that the guns 'n' roses concert last year was held specifically to erase any trace memories of the steed lobotzke era. it worked! i actually had to look up his name on google just now.

the Billy Joel thread seems like the appropriate place to remind dr that we apparently had a Top 40 basketball team two years ago

the Billy Joel thread seems like the appropriate place to remind dr that we apparently had a Top 40 basketball team two years ago

What a year it was! Memories!

I am absolutely furious over our basketball program. Those that aren’t are the problem.

It's our team folks. School belongs to us. Allowing Ron Wellman to destroy it is squarely on us.

Then sitting back and watching our development folks beaming with pride for "accomplishing" hosting a concert. Not ok.

It's our team folks. School belongs to us. Allowing Ron Wellman to destroy it is squarely on us.

Then sitting back and watching our development folks beaming with pride for "accomplishing" hosting a concert. Not ok.

OK, DR, just for fun, why don't you tell us, specifically, what we can do, as typical/normal fans, to become agents of change. Assume we are terribly unhappy with the state of our basketball program, since most, if not all, of us are. Also assume that we don't give big money to the athletic department and no one there knows our name. How can I personally stop "allowing Ron Wellman to destroy" the basketball program, because I really don't want that on my conscience?

I am guessing 40,000+ total for the number in BB&T Field on Saturday night. Right at 30,000 in the regular stands, 3000 + on the Hill, around 7500 on the field based on around 75 rows x 100 per row and then no telling how many upstairs in the Tower. Any other guesses or knowledge of actual numbers? The place was packed & rocking!

Who thinks this was an accomplishment by Wake Forest? I mean the school can hold concerts at their football stadium just like any other school could. It's good that the athletic department was able to generate some Revenue out of the football stadium for something other than football games.

Who thinks this was an accomplishment by Wake Forest? I mean the school can hold concerts at their football stadium just like any other school could. It's good that the athletic department was able to generate some Revenue out of the football stadium for something other than football games.

Exactly - is Wake patting themselves on the back for executing a standard contract with a concert promoter and then doing a half assed job of managing parking?

Exactly - is Wake patting themselves on the back for executing a standard contract with a concert promoter and then doing a half assed job of managing parking?

I had absolutely no problem parking in the Red Lot. Got there at 5:00 with a caravan of 5 cars to tailgate and we got in there in a very timely fashion. We also got out of the parking lot after the concert ended very easily, back out to Indiana Ave and on to US 52 with no problems.

If Paul McCartney came to Groves, a HUGE if, I would certainly want to be a part of it especially because it is a WAKE FOREST venue. Same goes for some other performers.

Wake had the same craptastic parking fiasco after the GnR concert last year. If the AD is claiming involvement in this concert as well, not surprising that there was either no attempt or no solution to the parking nightmare. Fuck Ron Wellman.

Huge accomplishment for the Operations Department of the AD. Those guys work their asses off, and I’m sure flipping the venue in a week was quite an undertaking, like the WS Open.

Wake had the same craptastic parking fiasco after the GnR concert last year. If the AD is claiming involvement in this concert as well, not surprising that there was either no attempt or no solution to the parking nightmare. Fuck Ron Wellman.

Not sure what you expect parking to be when it is the traffic flow in Winston-Salem that caused the problems coming in off US 52. The parking folks were working their asses off and did a good job getting people in and out of the venue. When you have 40,000 people leaving somewhere all at one time we aren't going to all get gone at once. Same for coming into a venue whether a major football game, concert or basketball game if you come in last second, you can't expect to just slide in and make it. Get there early and there is no problem!

Back