• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Louisville Noon kick-off 10/27/2018

Was really impressed with Colburn's breakaway speed today on his long TD runs.
Didn't know he had those wheels.

The offense played well. The defense shut down the Cards in the fourth quarter. Hopefully, nobody was injured. Colburn had a career day. Deacs win. Good to find something positive to say about all phases of a Demon Deacon football game.

Post game interview you can tell Colburn played with emotion all game. Love it.

Yeah he seemed like he was about to cry, but one of those angry hate you cries.

Matt Colburn got the best kind of revenge. Showed Petrino what he gave up in the best way possible. Three TDs, including two "catch me if you can" runs and almost 250 yards rushing. Really a great showing for him. Congrats to Matt for a great game!

The offense played well. The defense shut down the Cards in the fourth quarter. Hopefully, nobody was injured. Colburn had a career day. Deacs win. Good to find something positive to say about all phases of a Demon Deacon football game.

Henderson came back in. Is there any word on Basham? Looked concussion-y.

That offensive explosion may give Syracuse something more to think about next week.'

ETA:

Wake scored 56 and Dortch didn't score one of them. Who would have thought that could happen.

Last edited:
Remember when you freaked out when I said we weren't particularly good after the Towson game?

Maybe you should chill the fuck out. You don't really understand football.

Hey now that Towson team is 6-1 and leading a 5-2 Delaware team right now lol

Wasn't thinking about the play-by-play guy but the commentator, the guy who played with Chad Grier.

Brian Jordan? One of only a few to have played both pro football and baseball at the highest level?
It was a weird crew. BJ and Kelsey are both full time Braves announcers. I guess they moved them to other sports since baseball is over.

Really proud of our team today. The offensive line really imposed their will, Colburn was a stud, Sam managed the game well, Dortch looked like Dortch and the defense made some keys stops. The defense still is major concern though, but we did what we had to do today. Hope Boogie is okay to play next week. Need the offense to score like that next week and the defense to get some take always to have a shot against Cuse.

Really proud of our team today. The offensive line really imposed their will, Colburn was a stud, Sam managed the game well, Dortch looked like Dortch and the defense made some keys stops. The defense still is major concern though, but we did what we had to do today. Hope Boogie is okay to play next week. Need the offense to score like that next week and the defense to get some take always to have a shot against Cuse.

Hopefully DJ Taylor is back and Basham is ok.

Syracuse will be only favored by 9 but beat FSU by 30 and played Clemson close. So they should beat us on a 54-14 type of game. Hopefully we get a couple turnovers and a couple stops and prove everyone wrong.

Now that was fun.... love that we had some explosives go our way today.

Oh, and Petrino :fu:

Glad we beat the bastards and regret the game was blacked out in Eastern NC. Petrino and Galloway deserve each other. Both pieces of shit.

Remember when you freaked out when I said we weren't particularly good after the Towson game?

Maybe you should chill the fuck out. You don't really understand football.

We are not particularly good but we aren't horseshit like some of you describe. 4-4 in the toughest division in CFB. These guys are playing their hearts out, many way out of position. Injuries are part of every year but this one seems so concentrated by position. Could have shown better at FSU with some health but be realistic about our other three losses. Pretty good teams don't you think?
Oh, and I knew more about football by the time I was 20 than you ever will. You were probably drunk at frat parties while I was appreciating the efforts of student athletes for many years.

Back