• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Louisville Noon kick-off 10/27/2018

UL fans apparently hoping to run Bobby out and make a run at alumnus Jeff Brohm. Hope Brohm doesn’t take his RB coach to that pit.

They're way more down on their team than even we are. Most predicting a loss (particularly if Dortch is healthy).

They're way more down on their team than even we are. Most predicting a loss (particularly if Dortch is healthy).

If some limping linebackers don't get their doctors to release them to play the greatest field sport ever devised by men, we're not going to stop any ACC team remaining on the schedule.
I cannot recall a time when Wake had only one scholarship linebacker left to play a game, and possibly only one left to play the last half of the season!
Clawson is going to have to get a handle on this program in the off season in every facet of coaching, training, practicing and recruiting. And its time for some LBs to step up and rip the band aid off. Yeah, yeah, I know. ACLs, etc.
Coach called out the names of some players making an impression on him. it was equally noticeable whom he didn't call out.

Haven't seen a whole lot of refuse to lose mentality lately. Better find it fast in the blue grass.

There's a lot of rumors swirling that news will break this week about petrino that will allow them to negate the contract from what I'm hearing from Louisville fans. Sounds like it's more than wishful thinking too.

I think that we win this game going away. Louisville is terrible this year and I think that we smoke them big!

If WF can jump on L'ville early (like at FSU), L'ville could quit (their fans would get on the home team, which is an ugly thing in college sports), but listening to Clawson talk about our defensive attrition. hard to be confident. Also, WF really misses a healthy Dortch. He is a game changing weapon. Outlook changes if he is healthy.

One last thing, always felt like the L'ville game was personal for DC after the Elrod debacle. Have no doubt that WF will max effort this game, but do have a doubt what that max effort will result in. If it sounds like WF is getting Smenda, DJ Taylor and Jake Simpson back, WF could win.

If WF can jump on L'ville early (like at FSU), L'ville could quit (their fans would get on the home team, which is an ugly thing in college sports), but listening to Clawson talk about our defensive attrition. hard to be confident. Also, WF really misses a healthy Dortch. He is a game changing weapon. Outlook changes if he is healthy.

One last thing, always felt like the L'ville game was personal for DC after the Elrod debacle. Have no doubt that WF will max effort this game, but do have a doubt what that max effort will result in. If it sounds like WF is getting Smenda, DJ Taylor and Jake Simpson back, WF could win.

That's what I was hoping would happen last Saturday and I really think if we had put up another TD to go up 17-0, the boo birds would've come out.

It is personal for Matt Colburn too. Petrino pulled his scholly offer at the last minute I seem to remember.

Doubt DJ Taylor is coming back from mono in a week. In any case, I agree with you. We need to beat these bastards.

The Louisville boards are more pessimistic than these. They expect continued payback for "WakeyLeaks."

Can not underestimate the value of motivation in a game like this. Look what motivation did for Purdue last weekend.
For Wake, this is more than just a football game. Very true statements above about the personal spects of this game, especially for Clawson and Colburn. The Deacs should be extremely fired up. Hopefully we'll really see some play with 'hair on fire'.
Also, with many UL fans wanting Petrino gone, we may have a majority of the crowd on our side before it's over.

Give 'me hell Deacs. Take no prisoners.

Can not underestimate the value of motivation in a game like this. Look what motivation did for Purdue last weekend.
For Wake, this is more than just a football game. Very true statements above about the personal spects of this game, especially for Clawson and Colburn. The Deacs should be extremely fired up. Hopefully we'll really see some play with 'hair on fire'.
Also, with many UL fans wanting Petrino gone, we may have a majority of the crowd on our side before it's over.

Give 'me hell Deacs. Take no prisoners.

Amusing typo. Deacs give us all a lot of hell.

I don't think we can beat Cuse but judging by their performance against UNC I feel at least slightly better about that game.

It's really a shame we don't play UNC every year.

Do we have any trick plays in the (now secure) play book? This will definitely be the week to use them.

For anyone who cares, this game is happening tomorrow.

Still a 2.5 dog. O/U is 65. I would take the under here.

Shoot. Spell check changed it about 3 times and still got it wrong.

Give 'em hell Deacs!

While i would like to see the Deacs go to their 3rd staight bowl, this season will be a success for me if we beat these bastards and their shithead coaches Putridino and Lonnie "Judas" Galloway.

Win this one and we are 4-4 with Pitt, Cuse, Duke and State. This is a must win, can't lose type of game. Win this one and somehow position ourselves to finish 2-2 and we're off to our 3rd straight bowl game.

Win this one and we are 4-4 with Pitt, Cuse, Duke and State. This is a must win, can't lose type of game. Win this one and somehow position ourselves to finish 2-2 and we're off to our 3rd straight bowl game.

Not only is it a must win game for that reason, its a must win because there is a chance a loss could send this team deeper into a spiral for a winless ACC season. We can't have that type of regression, regardless of all the unlucky injuries. Wake needs some momentum, just like last year gave the team some big Mo.

I'll be a little upset if Clawson doesn't run the ball at least 65% vs UL. They're horrid at stopping the run. Here's to hoping I guess.

Back