• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Louisville Noon kick-off 10/27/2018

Dillon Fence

Reaction score
Thursday, October 25
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech, 7:30 p.m. on ESPN (previously announced)

Friday, October 26
Miami at Boston College, 7 p.m. on ESPN (previously announced)

Saturday, October 27
Clemson at Florida State, Noon, ABC or ESPN – network designation after the games of Oct. 20
Wake Forest at Louisville, Noon, RSN
North Carolina at Virginia, 12:20 p.m., Raycom Sports
Duke at Pitt, 3:30 p.m., RSN

NC State at Syracuse – ESPN has exercised a six-day hold. Game time and network designation will be decided after the games of Oct. 20.

Unless Wake beats FSU and Louisville seems like a foregone conclusion that Homecoming vs the Cuse will be a nooner.

Yeah no chance cuse/Wake is picked ahead of Loui/Clem, FSU/State, BC/VT or Duke/Miami.

Game could be at 3:30 as there are some 3:30 RSN games, but seems like a lock we'll be RSN bound yet again

What a rough week in college football Oct. 27 is gonna be by the way. Amazingly five of the current top 10 are all on bye that week. And besides Georgia playing Florida, the other top 10 teams aren't playing great comp -- Clem @ FSU, Texas @ Okie State, Oklahoma vs K-State and Notre Dame vs Navy

What a rough week in college football Oct. 27 is gonna be by the way. Amazingly five of the current top 10 are all on bye that week. And besides Georgia playing Florida, the other top 10 teams aren't playing great comp -- Clem @ FSU, Texas @ Okie State, Oklahoma vs K-State and Notre Dame vs Navy
Good. When Deacs best Lville maybe someone will see it.

Louisville is favored by 1.5. FWIW, these are two of the worst ATS teams in the country.

WF is 1-6 ATS
L'ville is 1-6 ATS

They have played two common opponents:

L'ville:

Lost to BC 38-20
Lost to FSU 28-24

WF:

Lost to BC 41-34
Lost FSU 38-17

L'ville is rested as they are coming off a bye. This may the Cardinals last chance at a win as their remaining schedule is:

at #2 Clemson
at Cuse
#22 NC State
#12 Kentucky

The loser of this game will likely finish DFL in the ACC (both in the Coastal and overall) as these are the only 2 ACC teams without a conference win.

Louisville is favored by 1.5. FWIW, these are two of the worst ATS teams in the country.

WF is 1-6 ATS
L'ville is 1-6 ATS

They have played two common opponents:

L'ville:

Lost to BC 38-20
Lost to FSU 28-24

WF:

Lost to BC 41-34
Lost FSU 38-17

L'ville is rested as they are coming off a bye. This may the Cardinals last chance at a win as their remaining schedule is:

at #2 Clemson
at Cuse
#22 NC State
#12 Kentucky

The loser of this game will likely finish DFL in the ACC (both in the Coastal and overall) as these are the only 2 ACC teams without a conference win.

If we can put enough healthy bodies out there from our 2 deep, I think we can get one this weekend and keep a slight glimmer of hope of getting to 6 wins.

Our season on the line this week. If we lose, I don't see 3 remaining wins on our schedule.

If Wake loses this game the season has gone completely off the rails and I doubt they win any remaining games. I hope they win this game and maybe have a shot at 5 wins, but this is not a bowl team. The defense is horrible, like close your eyes and don't watch because its so cringe worthy horrible.

Only an 18% chance now to make a bowl per S&P. 34% chance each to finish with 4 and 5 wins.

Every remaining opponent, but at State, is a winnable opportunity, but right now, WF isn't competitive.

FSU is at best a mediocre Power V team that struggled with everyone this year, including Samford and L'ville. WF gave up 38 straight points to FSU. That's hard to do even when you are totally outclassed. FSU had not scored that many points in any game this year and they scored that many without a response from WF.

Guessing that WF may have one game where they put it all together, catch a few breaks and take advantage of the talent that does exist on the roster to eke out a win, but really hard to see a scenario where that happens 3 times in the next 5 games.

The path IMO is get to five pre-Duke and then beat an already bowl-bound, nothing-to-play-for Duke team to get to six. Would be the reverse of what happened in the Duke game last year

Be a great game for Lonnie to float a play book our way!!!!!:bowrofl:

The path IMO is get to five pre-Duke and then beat an already bowl-bound, nothing-to-play-for Duke team to get to six. Would be the reverse of what happened in the Duke game last year

They brought up that game a few times when I was watching and credited it for getting Duke football back on track.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we go to Doook with them needing a 6th win as well. UNC is their best bet before our matchup with losses to Clempson, Canes, and Shittsburgh.

Miami blows. They scored 7 points at UVA, and needed a massive 4th quarter comeback to edge FSU by 1 in their last two. Duke could beat the Canes.

Duke will beat at least one of @ Pitt, @ Miami, vs UNC. C'mon now.

Would be nice to turn tables after allowing BC and Duke to get bowl elig the last two years and do it ourselves if we're 5-6. Things don't tend to work out that way for us, tho

Our season on the line this week. If we lose, I don't see 3 remaining wins on our schedule.

Yep. I'm not giving up on the season just yet, but a loss this week will pretty much end all hope at a potential bowl. There's no reason to think Wake will beat Loserville, but what the hell. I'll say Deacs win 21-20.

We can beat Syracuse, Pitt and (especially an unmotivated) Duke.

Doesn't mean we will, but we could

Back