• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP DKE

They live off campus, so what can the university actually do?

The university owned their house, at least when I was in school.

100% not true. University has never owned that property. i'm sure it drives them insane since they've annexed everything else around there.

i guess the sanctions mean no participating in rush, greek events, intramurals, etc. not a death blow but will make it hard to stay relevant.

Bullshit. Dekes were a part of the culture. Not that I knew any of em, kinda weirdos. But I liked that they were out there

100% not true. University has never owned that property. i'm sure it drives them insane since they've annexed everything else around there.

i guess the sanctions mean no participating in rush, greek events, intramurals, etc. not a death blow but will make it hard to stay relevant.

Sounds like I'm wrong. But that was certainly a commonly-held belief in the late 2000s. Something about how a kid had died and his parents donated money for the house to the university. Pretty elaborate story to be made up, but i guess that's how these things go.

Not up on the rules of Fraternization, but is it "once a bagger always a bagger", or can you de-pledge? If I'm a DKE I'm cutting all ties and hopefully expunging my name from any association with DKE during my time at Wake. That thing will follow them like toilet paper on a shoe for the rest of their careers, certainly any public one if not private.

Not up on the rules of Fraternization, but is it "once a bagger always a bagger", or can you de-pledge? If I'm a DKE I'm cutting all ties and hopefully expunging my name from any association with DKE during my time at Wake. That thing will follow them like toilet paper on a shoe for the rest of their careers, certainly any public one if not private.

Such a GDI hot take

no one cares what frat you were in while in college except the guys you went to school

Yeah this is a hot take. How would anyone find out? Are future employers going to do a deep dig into national fraternity records? And if the only scandal, especially in this day and age, was "partying too hard" - and the sexual assault claims remain unproven - who is really going to care?

LOL WUT

Being a DKE >>>>> being a hysterical shrill overreacting poster on a message board.

Nobody gives a shit about what fraternity you were / weren't in post college. That's why Greek tattoos / brands are such a bad idea.

on the other hand, acting like a tool post-college will most certainly impact your life

about half my freshman hall pledged DKE -- they were mostly good dudes

it's also the first frat party that like 90% of Wake kids went to on account of their location

Back