• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at NC State THURSDAY 11/8 - Roll Call

Brendan207

Reaction score
Anybody else coming to the Thursday night Wake Forest at NC State game in Raleigh early next month? Hoping there will be a solid Wake Forest contingent in attendance and that State fans aren't as insufferable and inhospitable as I've heard they are.

I also heard a fantastic rumor that State lets fans leave at halftime and re-enter the game... is that true? If yes I need to get a great parking / tailgate pass for the game. Already have game tickets in the visiting team section.

After the bastards vandalized my car in 2006, which was parked in their elite donor lot right in front of the main entrance, I will never go back to that shithole.

After the bastards vandalized my car in 2006, which was parked in their elite donor lot right in front of the main entrance, I will never go back to that shithole.

Will be there, but in a non-descript vehicle.

Would prefer to not have mini bottles thrown at me (or my mom), so I will pass.

I believe that day the lot was re-named the Swank donor lot

NCSU is the only game I have ever attended as a visiting fan and had any issues. My wife has vowed to never go back - as have probably twenty other people I have talked to about their experience there. I don't understand their attitude. As a fanbase they seem to be focused outwardly and not on their own team. All they do is complain about the officials and yell at fans from the opposing team. Nothing is ever their own fault - they are persecuted and held down by others' cheating, bad luck, etc. It's pretty sad, really.

I say all that while I have many good friends who are State fans who are not like this at all - it just seems like they have way more bad apples and they dominate the impression one receives...

Will be there, but in a non-descript vehicle.

All I had on my car was the 3 inch Deacon Club sticker. We were with our neighbors who were NCSU grads, and mortified that their own tailgating crew had done this. It was indeed Sam Swank's big day.

I learned to complain about holding from State fans, I'm ashamed to say. While there is a ton of uncalled holding in football, hearing obese women scream "he's holdin em" at the top of their lungs on every play really burned it into my brain as a youth.

NCSU is the only game I have ever attended as a visiting fan and had any issues. My wife has vowed to never go back - as have probably twenty other people I have talked to about their experience there. I don't understand their attitude. As a fanbase they seem to be focused outwardly and not on their own team. All they do is complain about the officials and yell at fans from the opposing team. Nothing is ever their own fault - they are persecuted and held down by others' cheating, bad luck, etc. It's pretty sad, really.

I say all that while I have many good friends who are State fans who are not like this at all - it just seems like they have way more bad apples and they dominate the impression one receives...

Did you ever have the privilege of going to a Wake game in College Park?

Yep, I think that is probably accurate. Got plenty of crazies. Also plenty of great Wolfpack fans.

Brendan, the pass outs at half time info is correct, just have to show your ticket and the "pass out" they give you when you leave and you can come back in at any point. Enjoy the game, great place to view a game, not a bad seat in the house!

Went to the wake / state game in Raleigh two years ago. Had no issues. And yes, you can leave and re-enter at halftime.

Nope... i'll be watching the 1st q on the couch. After that i'm sure our team will be getting taken advantage of physically, and mentally so i can move on to more fulfilling Thursday night activites...zzzz My way to early prediction is 52 - 13, NCST

Been to ten or so Wake-State games and a couple random State games (half my family went to State). Never had any issues when I was younger and tailgating in the grandparents lot - but the last three times I went were just terrible experiences. Once with the band (so not too surprising that the fans would be yelling stuff but throwing beers at the band probably crossed the line) then the next two times just as a random Wake fan forced to walk through the tailgate lots to access the stadium had awful experiences.

A couple memories were random State fans sitting with Wake fans in the Wake section who were mercilessly taunting all surrounding Wake fans while the Wake fans who brought them just laughed along. So if you're the Wake fans who brought those idiots then here's a big FU for being total asshats. The last time was so bad that my dad, who was raised a State fan and had season tickets for the first 20 years of his life or so, swore to never go back to another game because of the fan base.

TLDR: I'm good on any more Wake-State games in Raleigh, great environment overall but terrible fan base as far as being a welcoming crew goes.

Did you ever have the privilege of going to a Wake game in College Park?

Yes in 2006 for the big win to put us in Jacksonville. Easily the worst unprovoked fan experience. Taunted and cursed in the parking lot, beer thrown etc. Have been to all the other ACC venues except modern day V Tech ( went in college when they were bad), and have had good experiences ,including State. Plan to hit the road to Blacksburg next fall.

I've had many fine experiences at State games, and was there two years ago without issue. But I'm not surprised by any of the negative experiences on here - it's a miserable fan base with an enormous inferiority complex due to UNC. Wake had a great tailgate with the bus and free food and beer set up last time. I felt like it was a safe place to leave my vehicle since the lot was not left unattended during the game.

Not a trashier fan base in the ACC than NCSU.

I've watched 10+ games @ Duke, UNC and many others, both basketball and football, and State never fails to amaze me how trashy their fans are. From being cussed out, to shouting obscenities at my family, to throwing beer and trash, it just doesn't get any worse.

Back