• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at NC State THURSDAY 11/8 - Roll Call

I've been to every ACC stadium from the old nine team ACC and of those State, FSU, and Maryland were the only places I've had beer or trash thrown at me (although tbf that makes up a third of the nine). No issues ever at Duke, UNC, Tech, UVA, Clemson, or obviously, Wake. Virginia Tech fans were also fine when I went.

It's all anecdotal and based on the game/time/magnitude (2006 Maryland was problematic, but return trip in 2012 or 2013 was totally fine). FSU was similar to State - walked past a frat tailgate with people hurling slurs and someone threw an apple at a bass drum.

Several Louisville fans at the OB were absolutely trashed and cussed my mom out before the game while we were walking around the concourse.

I've been to every ACC stadium from the old nine team ACC and of those State, FSU, and Maryland were the only places I've had beer or trash thrown at me (although tbf that makes up a third of the nine). No issues ever at Duke, UNC, Tech, UVA, Clemson, or obviously, Wake. Virginia Tech fans were also fine when I went.

It's all anecdotal and based on the game/time/magnitude (2006 Maryland was problematic, but return trip in 2012 or 2013 was totally fine). FSU was similar to State - walked past a frat tailgate with people hurling slurs and someone threw an apple at a bass drum.

Several Louisville fans at the OB were absolutely trashed and cussed my mom out before the game while we were walking around the concourse.

Ive had mouthy fans accost me at Wake Forest. One year a mouthy fan started in that tunnel going under the road between football and basketball. I was at the basketball game last year at the vet and some people started in but got quiet after we won.

Experiences at NCSU have been okay. However, the drunken fans at Appalachian were the worst I have experienced- by far!

I've been to three State games, once for a Wake game. Tailgated in the student lot for the two non conference games and holy hell is that a party. Probably as close to an SEC tailgate experience as you will get in the ACC. Definitely steer clear of that area if you're an opposing fan. I sat in Wolfpack Club seats for the Wake game, I believe it was Skinner's senior year and we were in a hole right out of the gate and never quite fought our way back into the game. I was with State fans so we parked right outside of the press box which was awesome, and I didn't have any issues with Pack fans, although that may be because of the score of the game and the section I was sitting in. Decent stadium, and environment but nothing too special. I feel like 65k should be way louder than that, maybe it has something to do with the angle the stands take away from the field. If you are in the lower level and under the upper deck it seems like you are a mile from the field and all of the sounds are dampened.

Meh. Fuck State. They bitch and moan with the best of em. Not sure who I want to win the State/Clemson game tomorrow. Want someone to knock the Tigers off their pedestal, just not State. Although I think Clemson wins that game. Having said that, as much as they have moaned and complained about noon kicks this year, I expect a rowdy and great crowd for that Thursday night game even against Wake.

Oh and I'm not sure which is more annoying, that damn wolf howl and sticky finger wolfy thing or the C...L...E...M...S...OOOO...N chant.

Last edited:
Meh. Fuck State. They bitch and moan with the best of em. Not sure who I want to win the State/Clemson game tomorrow. Want someone to knock the Tigers off their pedestal, just not State. Although I think Clemson wins that game. Having said that, as much as they have moaned and complained about noon kicks this year, I expect a rowdy and great crowd for that Thursday night game even against Wake.

Oh and I'm not sure which is more annoying, that damn wolf howl and sticky finger wolfy thing or the C...L...E...M...S...OOOO...N chant.

Just do it as I do: K...L...E...M...P...S....N? gives you something to look forward to when they score.

lol so you're saying I shouldn't put a Wake flag on my rental car.

Anybody from the boards already have an existing tailgate planned? I will bring a 30 rack of BL's and a tray of chick fil a nuggest.

Back