• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

How the fuck could one team have Harden, Paul, Butler, Gordon, and Capela on their current deals from a cap standpoint?

How the fuck could one team have Harden, Paul, Butler, Gordon, and Capela on their current deals from a cap standpoint?

They could trade Brandon Knight (when it's legal) and Nene and get Butler.

But it would be impossible to acquire Butler without trading salaries.

I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.

Maybe, but I don't think it's that dumb to try to keep Butler. Butler-KAT-one more piece could definitely be a #contender once the Warriors split up.

They could trade Brandon Knight (when it's legal) and Nene and get Butler.

But it would be impossible to acquire Butler without trading salaries.

I think that’s an implied part of the deal. No reporting I’ve seen has it as 4 firsts and nothing else. As you point out that would be a non-starter from a cap standpoint.

And I wouldn’t be so sure that the picks in 2024 and 2026 (and maybe even 2022) are going to be late first round. In fact I’d bet on the opposite.

Hoopshype is now reporting that it's "two injured players and four first round picks". Knight would have to be one of them.

Hoopshype is now reporting that it's "two injured players and four first round picks". Knight would have to be one of them.

Yeah I imagine they are trying to just flip Knight and Chriss and four firsts for Butler. That’s a good deal for the Wolves. Maybe not the best they can get, but I think that situation goes south fast if they don’t make some deal soon.

Houston should throw in Melo if they want a shot at winning now.

Exactly. Melo is a team killer. Baffled when OKC acquired him; even more baffled when Houston acquired him. Morey's rep as an elite NBA GM took a major hit after that move. Not always, but sometimes it must be easier to see things from 10,000 feet than up close.

Exactly. Melo is a team killer. Baffled when OKC acquired him; even more baffled when Houston acquired him. Morey's rep as an elite NBA GM took a major hit after that move. Not always, but sometimes it must be easier to see things from 10,000 feet than up close.

Yep. At his best, Melo sucked at everything but padding his stats. Now, forget it.

He must be a fun guy to hang out with since players still want him on the team. Baffling to me. I would do anything to keep him and Howard off my team unless I was planning to tank the season.

Maybe, but I don't think it's that dumb to try to keep Butler. Butler-KAT-one more piece could definitely be a #contender once the Warriors split up.

what are the chances that KAT and butler get along after this and butler wants to re-sign in minnesota? 2%????

dumb as shit not to take the picks if you're minnesota

once again everyone from the 2008 celtics team not named garnett, pierce or ray allen is proving to be a top tier donk

the anti-melo hot takes are as owg as it gets

What does he do well now? His numbers were terrible the last I checked.

Entire article on Houston’s shitty defense on ESPN.com and not one mention of Bz. That makes me happy.

Melo is clearly a big part of the problem.

Minnesota has to do something next week. They sucked so bad last night on D.

It pains me to see Kawhi playing just like Kawhi two years ago. I just don't get what happened. At all. But damn he looks good.

Back