• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Simmons is borderline unplayable in crunch time when the game slows down in the half-court. What a fraud that guy is.

If they could get a big haul for him, I wouldn't oppose the Sixers trading Simmons.

Hield, Fox and a first (or two) non-protected?

Also, has anyone pointed out that Draymond isn't very good at basketball anymore? Not that he was ever great, but his #decline came quick.

Also, has anyone pointed out that Draymond isn't very good at basketball anymore? Not that he was ever great, but his #decline came quick.

Is he hurt or something?

Only because Kawhi is that good and the Raptors are legit and would likely have home court. The Warriors will right the ship.

The Lakers aren't going to be able to keep Kuzma on the bench.

Did Candace Parker do Players Only last season? I don't remember her. She's pretty good.

Candace filling in for Kenny on Inside the NBA tonight.

Simmons is borderline unplayable in crunch time when the game slows down in the half-court. What a fraud that guy is.

Wait, you mean a guy who is completely inept at the single most important skill in basketball is not actually good at basketball? Who could have seen that coming? His ceiling is currently a stronger Shaun Livingston. That said, if a real coach would show him a few post moves, get him off the ball, and tell him his ass stays in the paint all game, he could be a pretty damn good PF. But he is a millennial pussy pseudoman, so all he wants to do is prance around the perimeter and "make my teammates better" by getting them doubleteamed.

What a night. The Spurs light up Kawhi in a game that was never competitive. Derozan gets his first triple double against his old team.

Rockets win on a Harden 3 over Klay and Draymond. If he hadn't hit that shot, the attention would have been on the worst no-call in NBA, maybe sports, history. Harden with 44/10/15.

Last edited:
That was easily the worst no-call I've ever seen. I imagine he was so far out of bounds the ref had never seen someone try to save the ball from there before. He was looking right at him. Then just such a sick follow up to a shitty call.

He literally had both feet out of bounds with no part of his body inbounds. None. Never seen anything like it. Kudos to KD for having the cahunas to even try and sell that as in. He twisted his body up like he was barely keeping it in bounds and created some sort of weird Ricky Jay sleight of body to con the ref into thinking nobody does that unless they are at least trying to stay in bounds.

Why do we have human beings still officiating professional sports? I don’t think we are ready for all AI, but we should be headed that way.

We should already completely be done with spotting footballs, homeplate umpires calling balls and strikes, and FG calls for sure.

not to turn this into a football thread, but was talking about the ball spotting thing with a buddy a few days ago

I think the one challenge there is forward progress

not to turn this into a football thread, but was talking about the ball spotting thing with a buddy a few days ago

I don’t know, man. My GPS running watch can figure out that I’m not moving. Seems like we could program this better than Earl in the striped shirt.

I don’t know, man. My GPS running watch can figure out that I’m not moving. Seems like we could program this better than Earl in the striped shirt.

Yeah. All Earl in the striped shirt needs to do is stop the GPS. The GPS can indicate the forward most point of the ball before the GPS was stopped.

why is forward progress hard? at a minimum, you could tell if a ball breaks a first down marker/goal line; the exact spot after that binary determination isn't as important

Back