• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Bucks already in rest mode for Giannis (and Middleton to a lesser extent), but I really want them to keep the 1 seed and avoid the Sixers in the 2d round. Much rather play the Pacers.

The Sixers will fold like a cheap suit when it matters. Someone will likely get injured and that will be their excuse, masking Brett Brown's inability to coach their circus. The Pacers have no pressure on them and will be playing with house money, much more dangerous. Though the Bucks should beat either of them pretty handily.

The Sixers will fold like a cheap suit when it matters. Someone will likely get injured and that will be their excuse, masking Brett Brown's inability to coach their circus. The Pacers have no pressure on them and will be playing with house money, much more dangerous. Though the Bucks should beat either of them pretty handily.

I’m still willing to wager any amount you’d like on playoff series wins the next 5 years - Sixers v Hornets. You didn’t respond last time I offered, so offering again in case you missed it

As opposed to the Hornets who never get in the position to fold. They are the Rick Astleys of the NBA.

My bad, Astley had a hit.

Doncic reminds me of Sarunas Marciuliunus. He better than the Lithuanian freight train, but IMO Luka needs to shed some weight if he wants to avoid injury and get better.

Marciulunus, along with Mitch Richmond and others - Isiah Thomas (Nuggets) all aged 10 years in about 18 months after turning 30. One could argue that at minimum, that is more likely to happen to Doncic than Young based on body type.

Every Sixer fan has deep down concerns about Brett Brown.

screen-shot-2017-11-27-at-07-42-46.png

140805111354-sarunas-marciulionis-drives-iso-road-uni-1993.1280x720.jpg

I’m still willing to wager any amount you’d like on playoff series wins the next 5 years - Sixers v Hornets. You didn’t respond last time I offered, so offering again in case you missed it

I'll bet you that they both win the same number of championships in the next 5 years.

The Spurs bought out Gasol. I wonder if the Raptors would pick him up to play with his little bro.

...and he's going to the Bucks.

Last edited:
Dont trust the Sixers

Jimmy Butler could mess the team up at any moment

Ben Simmons one foot out the door already

And as someone that pulled hard for the CP3 clippers, Redick clams up in big playoff moments

Hawks fans Stockholm Syndrome with that trade is bizarre.

It was an awful, awful, awful trade. There's not been a single second they have both been alive that Doncic hasn't been a entire level above Trae Young as a player, and that's not going to change.

That all being said, Young and Collins are a fun core and the Hawks should be competitive for quite a while going forward.

LOL classic Vad. Don't get me wrong, Doncic is awesome. And I'm not surprised he had a much better start to the year given the leagues they were playing in last year. But here's the last 20 games per 36. They aren't that far apart right now. Both teams should be thrilled, and the Hawks could easily win the deal if they get a great piece with the pick.

Luka
26 pts, 9.3 reb, 7.7/3.7 A/TO, eFG 50.3, TS% 54.7

Trae
24.6 pts, 4.6 reb, 9.6/4 A/TO, eFG% 52, TS% 58.3

LOL classic Vad. Don't get me wrong, Doncic is awesome. And I'm not surprised he had a much better start to the year given the leagues they were playing in last year. But here's the last 20 games per 36. They aren't that far apart right now. Both teams should be thrilled, and the Hawks could easily win the deal if they get a great piece with the pick.

Luka
26 pts, 9.3 reb, 7.7/3.7 A/TO, eFG 50.3, TS% 54.7

Trae
24.6 pts, 4.6 reb, 9.6/4 A/TO, eFG% 52, TS% 58.3

The problem is Trae is absolutely abysmal on the other end. Like Isaiah Thomas abysmal. He’s got a long way to go to even get to the “he’s a liability but we can make it work” level of defense.

The problem is Trae is absolutely abysmal on the other end. Like Isaiah Thomas abysmal. He’s got a long way to go to even get to the “he’s a liability but we can make it work” level of defense.

If the Hawks are banking on Collins, they won’t be banking on D anyway.

Some good wing defenders and a rim protector could play well with Young and JC long term.

Bucks making more moves. This is amazing.

I want to get excited about the prospects of the Nuggets, Bucks, or Raptors knocking of the Warriors. Convince me.

Back