• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I want to get excited about the prospects of the Nuggets, Bucks, or Raptors knocking of the Warriors. Convince me.

Bucks and Raptors have a better record than the Dubs already. Draymond has stepped back this year. Nobody can defend Giannis.

But I wouldn’t bet against the Warriors.

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread: Will the Spurs and Lakers miss the playoffs?

Man, great day for me to be hyping trae

Seriously. I’m suspicious that Collins’ flu-like symptoms are just an attempt to tank against another bad team. But Trae won’t let them lose.

Damn I love these Bucks. They didn't play very well, Lakers play as well as they can possibly play. Still get 10th straight road win.

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread: Will the Spurs and Lakers miss the playoffs?

Damn I love these Bucks. They didn't play very well, Lakers play as well as they can possibly play. Still get 10th straight road win.

Haven’t watched them much but I can see them struggling in the playoffs when teams sag on giannis and Bledsoe more. They seemed to be hesitant in the half court when things got tight between those two in the last 5 mins.

And yeah, those Trae highlights seem to show we can’t judge that Luka trade for another 5 years as well. Both look like studs now.

Haven’t watched them much but I can see them struggling in the playoffs when teams sag on giannis and Bledsoe more. They seemed to be hesitant in the half court when things got tight between those two in the last 5 mins.

They also fired off that 11-0 run that broke the game open. The East is going to be fascinating because all the top contenders look very different than they did going into last year's playoffs.

Here's a good question I was discussing with a friend tonight. How many players not on the Warriors are playoff guys, players who elevate their game for the playoffs?

We were talking about contenders and he said he thought the Rockets were the top contenders. I said I didn't think so because I can't see Harden putting up 40+ a night in a series. He's not really a playoff guy. Lebron, Kawhi, and Kyrie are obvious playoff guys. But who else? It doesn't have to be guys who took their teams to the Finals, but just guys who you know have a next level. But I can't think of any sure bets. I was thinking Dame, but I checked his stats and his percentages have fallen off the last few postseasons.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26115859/ceo-my-business

Woof. Lebron can get away with this shit because he's the best of all time and has been a phenom since he was 12, but still half the country tunes in to see him fail. I don't think Durant and Davis get that they can't get away with it. Well Durant knows it now, he's won twice, won 2 finals MVPS, and all star MVP, and everyone still doesn't like him. Davis is about to get it. Lebron's mentality is gonna fuck alotta dudes over.

I want to get excited about the prospects of the Nuggets, Bucks, or Raptors knocking of the Warriors. Convince me.

1. What is the best team at full strength the Warriors have beaten in a playoff series?

2. They look more tired than disinterested right now.

3. The KD drama is taking more of a toll than the team or the media care to admit.

4. Their bench is the worst it’s been during their entire run.

5. Milwaukee and Toronto have the personnel to defend GSW as well as the Rockets did last year and each have a guy who can be the best player in a series against GSW.

6. The Rockets almost knocked them off last year despite playing a shitty series and losing their second best player for the last two games.

7. The regular season is typically a good indicator of the postseason. I suspect if you dig into the numbers, the Warriors aren’t actually some playoff juggernaut when compared to their regular season performance. The last two years they have been merely a great team, not an all-time great team. It showed in last year’s playoffs.

8. Steph could get injured (they have had pretty great luck with injuries over their four year run.

9. Karma.

10. Klay Thompson has always been overrated and has gotten worse each year since 2015.

11. Draymond looks old.

12. KD is soft.

13. Sacramento Boogie will make an appearance and cost GSW a game.

Just off the top of my head.

If the Hawks are banking on Collins, they won’t be banking on D anyway.

Some good wing defenders and a rim protector could play well with Young and JC long term.

If Trae doesn’t improve a ton on defense (he will get better, the question is how much) then that’s a 50 win team long term.

Yep. My semi-but-not-really-hot take is that the Bucks and Sixers will prove fraud-ish come playoffs. That Bucks roster just ain't anything special once you get past Giannis. And Ben Simmons, lol. Raptors are the team I fear as a Celtics fan.

Simmons was the third best player tonight after Steph and Durant. Put up a 25/15/11/3, guarded by Draymond and Durant all night, without Embiid, the sixth game with a completely new roster, in his second year.

If Redick wasn’t utter dogshit we win the second game against the Warriors this season. Don’t love another fourth quarter collapse but got some good role performances from Scott and Jonah.

Easy schedule from here on in.

Oh man.

Can I go ahead and claim victory on my longstanding arguments that the West has been significantly stronger than the East, Lebron feasted on the weak East, and GM Lebron destroys franchises with promising young talent and/or picks with weak management (i.e. not Pat Riley)? I feel like he's done significant damage to his legacy in a matter of months.

Yep. My semi-but-not-really-hot take is that the Bucks and Sixers will prove fraud-ish come playoffs. That Bucks roster just ain't anything special once you get past Giannis. And Ben Simmons, lol. Raptors are the team I fear as a Celtics fan.

I wouldn’t worry about the Raptors. The Celtics won’t make it out of the first round. #semi-but-not-really-hot take Fear the Deer.

The Raptors have the best player and only Finals MVP in the East (besides Parker and Wade, of course).

Back