• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

went to the Bucks game Friday night and had a nice moment chuckling to myself about the Bucks signing Giannis as a PG to avoid paying him the max because SF was the more premium position

went to the Bucks game Friday night and had a nice moment chuckling to myself about the Bucks signing Giannis as a PG to avoid paying him the max because SF was the more premium position

WTF are you talking about? There's no difference in NBA max contracts because of the position someone plays. This is a moronic post.

No he's not...You are both categorically wrong. The CBA cap has nothing to do with the position a player plays.

This was an informative segment.

8b48cc2cccc242b98ba404a9bfd7c2b7.jpg

Funny how Juice has to mangle my argument. The Bucks let him play PG and he was less likely to sign with a team with an established PG. It worked.

No he's not...You are both categorically wrong. The CBA cap has nothing to do with the position a player plays.

it's NOT about the CBA cap. it's about the POSITION a player plays .

every player knows intuitively what position they're playing at all times when on the court. you know this much at least, right?

if the front office MADE giannis play at the PG position, he'd KNOW intuitively that he was playing the PG position THEREFORE he'd be less likely to sign with a team that had an already ESTABLISHED PG.

very savvy move.

Funny how Juice has to mangle my argument. The Bucks let him play PG and he was less likely to sign with a team with an established PG. It worked.

lol, please list the teams that wouldn't sign Giannis because they have an established PG

Juice, you lost the argument. Giannis plays minutes at PG and he signed a long term deal. They showed confidence in his abilities and he rewarded them for it by staying loyal.

My logic about Point Giannis is pretty simple. More teams will be in the market for a SG or SF or PF than a straight up PG. If Giannis sees himself as strictly a PG when he's a free agent, he's not going to listen to pitches from teams that already have their max PG.

...face it juice, you lost

Evasive? I addressed the comments I made, not your misinterpretation of them. Obviously every team would want Giannis. But if Giannis expected to play minutes at PG, only the teams without an established PG had a serious chance. But feel free to counter by telling me all the teams who offered him a contract during his first free agency. I made my comments about his first free agent deal way back when Kidd was his coach.

It's weird that you're so obsessed with an offhand comment I made years ago. Between this and your weird overreaction to that Mayor Pete tweet, I'm worried about you, man. Posting that link is just weird. That link is from before this season in Sept 2018 and it's about his second free agency. In Sept 2018, Giannis was a very promising young player on the #7 team in the East. Now Giannis is the likely MVP on the team with the best record in the league. Any rational fan would say he's more likely to stay with the Bucks now than he was before the season.

Juice, you lost the argument. Giannis plays minutes at PG and he signed a long term deal. They showed confidence in his abilities and he rewarded them for it by staying loyal.

Bruh, he wasn’t even a free agent. No one in history has ever turned down a max contract coming off a rookie deal

I like that a call back joke got people worked up enough to argue about it again.

Back