• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Or you know, they could have drafted the franchise changing talent available to them right then.

The Suns and Kings passing on Doncic was awful. The Hawks passing on him was borderline criminal.

meh, the Suns taking Ayton wasn't that awful

small sample size and all, but dude is putting up 16/10/3 on 60% shooting and 75% from the line at 20 years old

LeBron had blindingly undeniable talent, but he wasn't all that proven. He was wrecking high schoolers.

Doncic was dominating the second best professional basketball league in the world.

LeBron was about as “can’t miss” as you can get. Shaq and Duncan are the only other guys in the past 30 years that you could pencil in as all-time greats before they entered the league.

I don’t think Doncic is at that level.

I mean, I put it out there earlier before the draft. Doncic is a generational talent. He's going to be possibly the best European player ever (if Giannis does not lock that crown down forever) and barring an injury or some crazy meltdown, is going into the Hall of Fame.

It's mind boggling that anyone watched him play in the league he was in (or internationally for his national team) and though "nah, give me some Marvin Bagley / Trae Young".

If he had played college basketball he'd have been the #1 overall pick by an outrageous margin. But dumb NBA teams gonna dumb.

no such thing as a rookie surefire HOFer

but totally agree on taking Young plus the pick instead of him -- that was really dumb

Or you know, they could have drafted the franchise changing talent available to them right then.

The Suns and Kings passing on Doncic was awful. The Hawks passing on him was borderline criminal.

Oh I’m not defending them. Go back and look at my posts. I was bullish on the Hawks taking Luka since before the lottery. I was crushed when they traded him for a chance that Young would be a poor man’s Steph. I thought Collins and Luka could be the core of a playoff contender.

no such thing as a rookie surefire HOFer

but totally agree on taking Young plus the pick instead of him -- that was really dumb
It's not just 20 games or whatever though. He was already the EuroLeague MVP and in national team play won the EuroBasket tournament against Spain, Serbia, etc.

There's a huge track record that he's an absolute star. What he's doing in the NBA is totally in line with what he's already done.

I'm just saying stuff happens, man

Injuries, players plateau, he could be stuck with bad teammates his whole career, etc.

It's not just 20 games or whatever though. He was already the EuroLeague MVP and in national team play won the EuroBasket tournament against Spain, Serbia, etc.

There's a huge track record that he's an absolute star. What he's doing in the NBA is totally in line with what he's already done.

Bro has a 16 PER on 47%/38% shooting and averaging 4 assists per game. Lets have him be better than Eric Bledsoe first before we pencil him into the HOF.

Every time I see the Hawks play, the trade looks worse. Unless he improves dramatically, Young looks more and more like a starter for a bad team/back-up on a good team.

And every time I see Mikal Bridges, I am more pissed about the trade unless the Heat pick is Top 7.

I like Doncic and wish the Hawks would have taken him, but let's not act like being Euroleague MVP means you are going to be an NBA star. The last five years of Euroleague MVPs before Doncic are Sergio Llull, Nando de Colo, Nemanja Bjelica, Sergio Rodriguez, and Vassilis Spanoulis.

Collins doing right well in his first 2 games back.
12 points in 12 minutes.
Tonight 18 points in 20 minutes and 6 assists.

6 assists? Wow.

Kings have their first good year in 10, and apparently there is friction between the coach and GM over the coach not playing Bagley enough

Back