• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I'd like to think the Bucks could give the Warriors a challenge, but the Warriors seem just as good if not better without KD. I think GS will still be the favorites to win next year even if KD bolts for the Knicks.

I’ve been surprised by the gap between the Bucks and Raptors. I thought going in that this was going to be an even matchup between two teams with an elite player, some good players, and several guys who could show up any given night. I figured the Raptors would win in 6 or 7 after a bunch of tight games.

Game 2 was a blow out. The Raptors played well in Games 1 and 3 and just couldn’t put the Bucks away in regulation. Giannis didn’t even have a good offensive game last night and Lopez was the only starter who shot over 31% and Raptors couldn’t pull away until Giannis fouled out.

If you had told me the Raptors first win in the series would be a 2OT win in which Giannis’ teammates scored 100 points, I wouldn’t have believed you.

It just feels like the Raptors need their A game to win and the Bucks could just get it together in the 2nd half. I was not expecting that at all. It gives me hope that the Bucks could seriously challenge the Warriors despite the big one on one talent gaps.

I agree.

I always thought Brogdon was a money player, I just didn't think he'd be THIS money. I mean, he made two plays in the OTs when the Bucks were down 4 in which he sort of took on the Kawhi role. Granted, Giannis had fouled out on atleast one of them, but he realized they needed a two for one bucket, but then took it to the rim. He went around Kawhi on one. Yes, Kawhi was hobbled, but still impressive considering Brogdan is a young player who has been out for the last six weeks.

He and George Hill and Illysova have essentially just been way better than Toronto's bench - even though Toronto's were more productive in the regular season.

Bucks added some very important pieces midseason that are pushing them past the Raptors AND I think Nurse is not a great coach, at least yet. Somehow, he has turned Marc Gasol into a less dynamic version of Brook Lopez. Gasol still passes well, but he has just been soo unagressive. That is on Nurse. Milwaukee has done a better job of working in Mirotic and Hill.

I also think that because Siakam has been so up and down in the playoffs, it would have served Toronto better to play him off the bench and start NBA enigma, Serge Ibaka. Ibaka had a huge game (1?) and then barely played last night in a 2OT game. Just weird. I think he'd get more out of both players if he started Ibaka and brought Siakam in as instant offense. It looks like if Siakam doesn't get up 3 or 4 shots in the first 5 minutes, he plays tight, really tight. Also took Toronto way too long to recognize that Norman Powell is an asset and he poses a challenge to the Bucks matchup wise for some reason. I also don't get why you trade for Jeremy Lin if you essentially don't run pick and roll and therefore, don't play him.

If the Raptors strategy was to make Kawhi the heart and soul of the team and put the ball in his hands for 80% of the shot clock when he's on the court so as to woo him to stay, them mission accomplished. But otherwise, I think it is some pseudo Houston Rockets type of a gameplan and it doesn't work as well in the playoffs when guys get emotionally exhausted faster and they are playing intense on both ends of the court for longer stretches.

Assuming for the moment that Durant walks, it seems pretty clear that Golden State will re-sign Klay, then go and find a 3-and-D wing player—a Harrison Barnes skillset without the inflated salary. Finding an eventual replacement for Iguodala might actually be a more important move than replacing KD.

They are only going to have the mid level exception to work with even if Durant leaves, and 3 and D wings aren't cheap. I guess they can hope to find a ring chaser

I hate that Draymond is simply balling. Seems pretty obvious he is way more productive with Durant off the court. Not saying they are better without Durant, but you get double the production from Green, which does make losing Durant easier to swallow.

No mention of Magic Johnson scorched earthing the Lakers yesterday. I cannot tell if he is that stupid or stupid like a fox.

This is what happens when a) you hire a former HOF as your GM (ask Charlotte) and let him run his other businesses on the side.

On the positive, Magic will never get another NBA basketball job again unless it is in New York at the NBA office.

When will we collectively run over Stephen A. Smith and leave him on the side of the road. He is simply unwatchable AND not very knowledgeable to boot.

I hate that Draymond is simply balling. Seems pretty obvious he is way more productive with Durant off the court. Not saying they are better without Durant, but you get double the production from Green, which does make losing Durant easier to swallow.

the original Big 3 for GSW is so good -- they could lose KD and still win a couple more

Draymond is killing it and Iggy is a perfect role player on that team

Man dont know if I am more impressed with GS overcoming 3 double digit leads in 3 straight games or upset and disappointed that Portland lost 3 straight double digit leads in 3 straight games

Blazers just lost when they are forced to insert Turner and Hood and sit both forwards (Aminu and Harkless come up real tiny in this series).

That freed up Draymond, especially with super efficient Looney out there, to run wild.

Yeah exactly. And then Steph goes back to being Steph (scoring 35+ per game) and they are virtually unbeatable, without Durant.

Have no idea if this is accurate, but heard the stat that GSW is 31-1 over the last 32 games when Durant does not play, but Curry does. Does not seem possible.

KD is obviously great, but man, everyone is so sure in their role when he is out and the offense hums beautifully

No mention of Magic Johnson scorched earthing the Lakers yesterday. I cannot tell if he is that stupid or stupid like a fox.

This is what happens when a) you hire a former HOF as your GM (ask Charlotte) and let him run his other businesses on the side.

On the positive, Magic will never get another NBA basketball job again unless it is in New York at the NBA office.

When will we collectively run over Stephen A. Smith and leave him on the side of the road. He is simply unwatchable AND not very knowledgeable to boot.

Back