• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Warriors sweep Blazers; Dame still gets paid

I feel like “guys who were good in college” tend to always get drafted too low. Like josh Howard, David West, Collins and Kemba. Malcolm Brogdon was POY in the ACC and slipped to the 2nd round. Joe Harris another example

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call it luck no more than you’d say a .350 hitter is luckier than a .250 hitter. No one bats 1.000. Sure you don’t get all the picks right but some consistently do better than others.

Yeah, I agree with that. Seems like you can tilt the odds in your favor (relative to peers) with some solid scouting and by doing a level of work that others aren't doing.

I'm not sure where I stand on "tanking"... But it is to your advantage to have higher picks. Also agree that you can get good talent from anywhere in the draft.

Purposefully sucking to get higher picks is bad. Trading a player at his highest value who isn’t going to be a playoff performer is smart. This is especially true because the Spurs could really use a guy like Hunter who looks like a great 3 and D player at SF, a position of huge need. If they could include Kuzma in the deal, that could fill the need for a successor to LMA and a small ball 4.

Might actually watch the game tonight.

Like the Raptors -2 because that seems like a crazy line.

Warriors over the Raptors in 6. Who you got?

Sticking with my prediction from before the playoffs started. Raptors win tonight and Game 5.

Gasol had a wonderful half. Good boards, a couple of threes and excellent D.

If not for the five points the refs gave the Warriors, it would be on the verge of being a blowout.

Don’t think it was a poorly officiated half.

Think this will continue to be an excellent series between two well-coached, great defensive teams.

Don't know why Nurse didn't attack Draymond over the last 5+ minutes of the quarter once he got four fouls.

Is Siakim going to pull a Kawhi in 2014?

Most of you guys weren't around to see Jim Brown play football. It seemed like after half the plays he was in on that he would limp back to the huddle or grab something. There were times he'd drag his leg behind him. then go on a fifty yards on the next play.

I'm wondering if Kawhi is starting to do this.

Back