• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Yeah. Sadly he was the best player offered and that was the best package. I would be happy if the Spurs traded him as we’ve discussed.

Could have had younger, cheaper players and a better pick. Maybe even packaged that for Butler or Harris. Spurs just didn’t try to make it work. Guess they thought they could contend with Derozan.

"Younger, cheaper players and a better pick" doesn't work when trying to get a Finals MVP from a winning franchise. Again, that's longterm view stuff.

How can you let Bogut get 3 alley-oops? The Warriors are doing work in the paint.

Last edited:
raptors role players just don’t have any confidence in taking shots

I will never understand why NBA teams down 3 or less don't foul with a 5 second or less differential on the shot clock. Getting the ball with 5 seconds or less down 3 is the absolute best case scenario if you don't foul. That's not that great.

Raptors shouldn't have been in this game. That can't feel too bad about tonight. Nothing was falling and they still had a chance to win.

Yeah. Don't foul a great FT shooter with a short differential, but definitely foul an average or less FT shooter.

College ball has this right and they have a longer shot clock and can't even advance the ball with a timeout.

I will never understand why NBA teams down 3 or less don't foul with a 5 second or less differential on the shot clock. Getting the ball with 5 seconds or less down 3 is the absolute best case scenario if you don't foul. That's not that great.

Raptors shouldn't have been in this game. That can't feel too bad about tonight. Nothing was falling and they still had a chance to win.

i don’t know the math, but being down 2 is a lot better than being down 3 which sometimes is overlooked because both are one possession away. and the ptors had a shot at a steal by playing aggressive d.

Welp, if you can't beat the Warriors at home without KD, Klay, Looney, and Steph with a 110 degree fever, you're probably not winning this thing. This is done in 5.

(Would love for this to be #OldTakesExposed)

Being down 2 is a lot better than 3. Sure. But you should foul if you have a chance to do so in both situations. For example, if you're down 3 you're not going to get down 2 with any time on the clock unless you foul.

Yeah. Don't foul a great FT shooter with a short differential, but definitelysooul an average or less FT shooter.

College ball has this right and they have a longer shot clock and can't even advance the ball with a timeout.

longer shot clock is not something in college basketball's favor

longer shot clock is not something in college basketball's favor

Didn't say it was. I said that in college ball makes the right call on fouling even though they have to deal with a longer shot clock and can't advance the ball.

generally speaking, I say don't foul down two with a five second differential

OK. But the Raptors didn't even have a timeout.

If you have a timeout and can advance the ball, I'd be ok with trying to play defense down 3, but a 5 second difference is pretty tight. You'd really need more like closer to 8 seconds because there can be a long rebound or loose ball even if you make a stop.

24 sec and the 14 sec reset is pretty money. I understand why college is 6 seconds longer though. Definitely should do a 15 sec reset though.

Back