• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

There was nothing at all "personal" about my post. No, fun sir!!!

As to Kawhi being "fucking awful-for him", he has accepted having to give up the ball because he is double or triple teamed every time he touches the ball, yet is still averaging 29 ppg. He is drawing the coverage to get Green and Vanvleet wide open looks. Regarding his defense, his mere presence cuts off one sector of the court.

I definitely don’t mind that hard working blue boys like Green. Cook, Seth, and Hood were fun to watch in the WCF.

I don’t know if Kawhi is awful. This is just the first time we’ve seen him focus on his offense in the Finals because he has an entire team of defenders around him, he doesn’t have to worry about KD, and he has one other consistent reliable scorer.

If Kawhi truly gets frustrated when his teammates don’t play D, he needs to stay in Toronto.

The Warriors fan who shoved Lowry is a venture capitalist and part-owner of the Warriors.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-warrior...ner-5e2a1ded-9f3a-4ca0-9f52-3a008b644284.html

Last edited:
I think Klay's injury has to be more serious than they are letting on. Before last night, he had never missed a playoff game. In the last seven years, Klay has only played less than 77 games once. This guy comes to play every night.

If the next game was tomorrow night, I wouldn't have been shocked if he would have missed it. The extra day off could be huge for his recovery.

Kawhi has been fucking awful this series - for him. He can barely guard Iguadala and his help defense has been almost non-existent.

Whatttt??? The D was collapsing on him and he still had 30 points (vs. his avg. of 27 for the year), 7 rebounds and 6 assists as he was hitting his wide open teammates for 3s on numerous occasions as he penetrated causing the D to collapse as everyone focused on him. Nothing awful with Kawhi on any level.

Kawhi has been killer on the boards -- coming up with a lot of tough rebounds or keeping low-chance balls alive for teammates

It is funny to me that this thread (or a similar offseason NBA thread) will have a ton of posts AFTER the season is over, but nobody seems to give a shit about The Finals.
Nah, these boards are just dying.

I am extremely casual with NBA, but I always try to watch every Finals game.

This might be unpopular, but I don't think what this rich part owner did (Lowry push) was much of anything. I'm gonna assume it was his wife who was standing to his left, and in that instant he might have thought Lowry went full steam into his wife, so he gave a little shove instinctively. Nothing to see, but Lowry got all bent out of shape and here we are.

This might be unpopular, but I don't think what this rich part owner did (Lowry push) was much of anything. I'm gonna assume it was his wife who was standing to his left, and in that instant he might have thought Lowry went full steam into his wife, so he gave a little shove instinctively. Nothing to see, but Lowry got all bent out of shape and here we are.

He also grabbed a fistful of his jersey. Whatever he said got the Warriors to kick him out for the rest of the series.

Kawhi has been killer on the boards -- coming up with a lot of tough rebounds or keeping low-chance balls alive for teammates

As opposed to Gasol, whose go-to rebounding move is a Ricky Peral style slap at the ball which invariably sends it to the other team. Fucking Spaniards.

I always thought Pau was a big rebounding fraud -- career 9.2 boards per game, but rarely came up with tough rebounds

You may want to watch it again. His wife was standing up and didn’t get touched at all. She gave Lowry a friendly pat on the back and that was it. She didn’t seem mad or out of sorts or anything.

Even so, your logic doesn’t justify shoving a player for a loose ball play.

I've watched it several times. In a flash, you see the woman's head jerk, so from his vantage he may have thought she got struck so being upset about that might have been why he shoved him. It's a possible explanation. But even if he was just an asshole, to me the contact wasn't so egregious that I thought it wasn't a big deal. Lowry is in the crowd and making contact with several fans. Is it different if one of the main people Lowry crashed into gives him a little shove to get Lowry off him?

Edit - ok he never looks at the woman next to him so that's probably not it, but was maybe just an arm raise to protect himself from Lowry falling on him, that turned into an unnecessary little shove. Still think it's not that big of a deal

Last edited:
The shove is not as important as what he said.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? The shove was after Lowry already fell.

The shove was pretty weak. But it's pretty obvious the guy wasn't trying to help and I think it's a massive stretch to say he was defending himself or anyone else. It just wasn't necessary for him to touch the player and he gets what he deserved. If a player lightly shoved a fan for no good reason, they'd get the boot too.

It was a light shove because it was an old man shoving an NBA athlete. The fan definitely tried to shove him.

it was a dumb, unnecessary move and once it came out that dude was a minority owner then Warriors made the right move to keep him at home for the rest of the finals

it was a dumb, unnecessary move and once it came out that dude was a minority owner then Warriors made the right move to keep him at home for the rest of the finals

Dude should be banned from attending NBA games for a year. He's lucky if he gets off with just a finals ban.

Good Game 3 write-up from the Spurs site.
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/6/6/18655487/spurs-reaction-historic-game-3-nba-finals

The Raptors ultimately answered the second question because of remarkable shooting. People define the absolute great shooters as those who can put up a 50/40/90 line — 50% from the field, 40% from three and 90% from the free throw line. The Raptors achieved this line as a team. 52.4% from the field, 44.7% from three and 95.2% from the line. That would be a great line for a single player — the Raptors did it as a team, in an NBA Finals game.

Check the box score: Every Raptor who shot the ball in Game 3 made 50% or more of their shots. Has that ever happened before? Another fun stat: The Raptors scored 123 points on 82 shots.

In contrast, the Warriors went 39.6/33.3/85.3. Yuck. They only stayed in the game as long as they did because they got 8 more offensive rebounds and shot 9 more free throws. And because of Stephen Curry.

Back