• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Finals - Raptors up 2-1; Klay returns in Game 4

goony goo goo

Big trade.

Last edited:
Big trade.

I don't see the Knicks making that trade, even if the Hawks threw the #17 as well. NYC is a superstar's city; they were disappointed enough when they didn't get the top pick; I don't see them trading away the #3 pick (Barrett was the consensus #1 heading for the 2019 draft at this time a year ago; he still has star potential) even if it arguably made some sense on from a pure basketball standpoint -- and not sure that it does.

I don't think the Hawks should make that trade and I don't think the Knicks should either for the reasons you state. But the Hawks have given themselves a chance to offer it. I doubt they keep all 3 picks especially since they have 3 second rounders as well.

By the way, Woj said the Nets 2020 pick is lottery protected. The Hawks already have a top 10 protected pick from the Cavs in the Kyle Korver trade. Don't think they'll be getting that one though. It's likely the Hawks will have two picks between 15-20. That's pretty good and they could trade one of those to move up as well. If they see a player they really want before 8, they could dangle 8 or 10 + the Nets 2020 to make it happen.

Good move getting Crabbe off the books. He is not worth that contract. Maybe he'll remember how to shoot again in Atlanta.

Depending on protections, the Hawks could have 9 of the next 90 picks in the draft. They have the flexibility to get any 2 players they want in this draft besides Zion, Ja, and maybe Barrett. They have enough assets to move further up from 8 and 10 twice by giving up the 8 and 17 and giving up the 10, #35, and a first next year. It's pretty impressive. They're one good draft away from the playoffs and then Crabbe moves off the books to free up a cap space for a good FA.

NBA and the Dubs ban the shoving fan for a year and fine him $500K. Good to see the NBA taking steps to protect players even if it's from wealthy ownership.

Not surprised by the Nets - Hawks trade. I believe the Nets coach is a former Hawks assistant and both organizations are spawned directly or indirectly from the Spurs.

I do think though this puts the Nets out of the AD sweepstakes. They don't have the picks to include with the players now ...

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Finals - Raptors up 2-1; Klay returns in Game 4

If you’re trading an elite player to a contender, taking picks is a suckers bet. The Pelicans would be better off taking good players. Getting an All-Star PG and rim protector to play with Zion would be a good start.

Speaking of franchises influenced by the Spurs, Spurs assistant Ime Udoka taking the lead assistant job with the Sixers.

Becky Hammon should move up to the 2nd assistant.

Maybe Adam Silver should post spoilers of Game 4 to get people to watch.

The NBA is a soap opera. The offseason is more entertaining to fans than the playoffs. That’s weird to me.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad... just weird.

I only watch the playoffs... Saw at least part of most every postseason game. Could count on one hand how many regular season games I saw even a minute of. Yet I am interested in player movement. No idea why, aside from liking to wager on season win totals and futures.

Back