• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Finals - Raptors up 2-1; Klay returns in Game 4

It’s not difficult. The Finals impacts two teams. The offseason impacts all teams.

If you’re trading an elite player to a contender, taking picks is a suckers bet. The Pelicans would be better off taking good players. Getting an All-Star PG and rim protector to play with Zion would be a good start.

Speaking of franchises influenced by the Spurs, Spurs assistant Ime Udoka taking the lead assistant job with the Sixers.

Becky Hammon should move up to the 2nd assistant.

Maybe Adam Silver should post spoilers of Game 4 to get people to watch.

The Pelicans already have an All-Star PG

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Finals - Raptors up 2-1; Klay returns in Game 4

That was awhile ago. But I did forget he basically just signed that huge contract.

That was awhile ago. But I did forget he basically just signed that huge contract.

Dude averaged 28PPG on 56% shooting in sweeping the Blazers just last season in the playoffs. Closed em out with a 41 point game on 15-23 shooting. I think he's also a very good defender. Him wanting out now wouldn't be for basketball reasons.

Last edited:
It’s not difficult. The Finals impacts two teams. The offseason impacts all teams.

The playoffs feature 16 teams, last time I checked. But sure, The Finals are only 2 teams.

I mean, The Finals ratings are most likely due to the lack of Lebron... I get that.

Just seems like the free agency period in the NBA is a bigger deal than the actual season... I guess it is like that in other sports, as well. Feels more prominent in the NBA, though. Smaller rosters mean free agency more important? Or is it just about the personalities?

Not trying to start an argument (or even make some specific statement)... But we've had more posts about a pretty meaningless Hawks/Nets trade when we're in the middle of a somewhat compelling series.

The ratings will be fine for the next few games. When you schedule a game at what was it? 9PM on the east coast during the week ... it is going to get lowish ratings. That is why they had two days rest between games 2 and 3, so they only have one weekday game in a game that can't decide the series. Game 6 will also be a week night game but will be a close out game ...

I don't watch nearly as many regular season games as I used to, but if you simply skip the regular season, you are missing a lot. The product is close to as good as it has ever been.

The only black mark really is the teams starting to tank the season starting at about game 25. This year it finally did not include Sacramento, but did include PHX, Memphis, Cle, Knicks, Bulls, etc...

Only maybe the tail end of Jordan and Barkley with Shaq, young Kobe and Timmy coming up was the league any stronger IMO.

The ratings will be fine for the next few games. When you schedule a game at what was it? 9PM on the east coast during the week ... it is going to get lowish ratings. That is why they had two days rest between games 2 and 3, so they only have one weekday game in a game that can't decide the series. Game 6 will also be a week night game but will be a close out game ...

I don't watch nearly as many regular season games as I used to, but if you simply skip the regular season, you are missing a lot. The product is close to as good as it has ever been.

The only black mark really is the teams starting to tank the season starting at about game 25. This year it finally did not include Sacramento, but did include PHX, Memphis, Cle, Knicks, Bulls, etc...

Only maybe the tail end of Jordan and Barkley with Shaq, young Kobe and Timmy coming up was the league any stronger IMO.

Yeah, me not watching the regular season is probably not a good barometer of anything. I used to be a HUGE baseball fan, but I never watch that anymore, either. I think it's mostly due to going from zero kids to 3 kids over the last 5 years. I have to pick my spots.

Timmy D retiring and CP3's decline have probably only exacerbated my apathy.

Hoping the Hawks get better so I can become more a fan now that I live here in Atlanta... Super easy to root for Collins. Not really a fan of the rest of the team, but maybe Young can continue to win me over.

In terms of Finals ratings... Late starts are not unique to this series. GSW has been in it for 5 years in a row now, right? I still say it is the lack of Lebron combined with nobody caring about the Raptors outside of Canada (I say this as a Toronto Blue Jays fan).

I don't think viewers in Canada are calculated in those ratings, so that would sort of explain it. That, and no Lebron has hurt the ratings just as Lebron playing on the west coast hurt overall ratings this season.

Good points. I think in the past Lebron boosted what would likely be weaker EC home game ratings at 7 or 8 with a headliner WC late game. The ratings are just ABC ratings, so yeah, Canada isn't included. I think an elimination game with KD would get good ratings.

I stopped watching baseball regularly about 12 years ago. My NBA viewing trailed off once I started having kids. I think the prospect of the league transitioning from being Kobe- dominated to Lebron-dominated didn’t help.

But I’ve gotten back into watching regularly over the last several seasons, mostly due to Kawhi jumpstarting my interest in the Spurs and the Warriors being a more likable dynasty.

Sucks that Kawhi left the Spurs but the whole league is worth watching now. It’s a very good product and it’s hard to make time for everyone. The schedule doesn’t help because it always seems like a team on the rise like the Nets doesn’t get many national games and teams like the Kings or Hawks are basically shut out.

Last edited:
NBA is still the only pro league where I'll watch a regular season game when my team isn't on, with the exception of primetime NFL

Good points. I think in the past Lebron boosted what would likely be weaker EC home game ratings at 7 or 8 with a headliner WC late game. The ratings are just ABC ratings, so yeah, Canada isn't included. I think an elimination game with KD would get good ratings.

I stopped watching baseball regularly about 12 years ago. My NBA viewing trailed off once I started having kids. I think the prospect of the league transitioning from being Kobe- dominated to Lebron-dominated didn’t help.

But I’ve gotten back into watching regularly over the last several seasons, mostly due to Kawhi jumpstarting my interest in the Spurs and the Warriors being a more likable dynasty.

Sucks that Kawhi left the Spurs but the whole league is worth watching now. It’s a very good product and it’s hard to make time for everyone. The schedule doesn’t help because it always seems like a team on the rise like the Nets doesn’t get many national games and teams like the Kings or Hawks are basically shut out.

The schedule will adapt to accommodate more Nets and Kings games next year. The Hawks sucked last year, even if a lot of us have vested rooting interest because of Collins. I’m not upset about being denied more chances to watch blowout losses on national TV.

NBA schedulers aren’t psychics and there is a degree of inflexibility once the schedule is set. That said, league pass is incredibly cheap for what it is and very accessible across a ton of platforms. There are more than enough ways to watch “your team” out of market.

The NBA is just killing it right now. This is all while the Spectrum debacle makes it basically impossible for me to watch my hometown Dodgers without illegally streaming them.

Kawhi is hands down the best player in the league. He's just a complete assassin with no weaknesses. Durant's a sensitive pussy. That's his weakness. And man this Toronto defense has to be up there in all time defenses in the history of the league. When you got Ibaka coming off the bench with 5 all world starter defenders, it's remarkable.

Don’t think you can really blame Livingston for that elbow. But man that was a big shot.

Kawhi is hands down the best player in the league. He's just a complete assassin with no weaknesses. Durant's a sensitive pussy. That's his weakness. And man this Toronto defense has to be up there in all time defenses in the history of the league. When you got Ibaka coming off the bench with 5 all world starter defenders, it's remarkable.

Can't part with Jaylen Brown doe

Kyle Lowry is playing like Philly players are taught from sixth grade on. Draw a double team, wait for one, create one and find the open man.

Back