• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Raptors, sans Kawhhi, are destroying the Lakers 48-19 in the second.

My mind is reeling after reading the replies to that tweet showing excitement about getting Bz back.

The Rox could hide Harden when they had Luc and Ariza. Now, they are playing multiple bad defenders with CP3 and Capela.

The Rox could hide Harden when they had Luc and Ariza. Now, they are playing multiple bad defenders with CP3 and Capela.

??

Harden is not their problem on defense right now.

(Real talk, Capela's been an issue. He's either out of shape or hiding an injury, I think. I'm worried about him.)

Harden's defense is an illusion. He makes steals by gambling, but players beat him off the dribble all the time. He's also subpar on PnR.

Capela is also less effective due to having to cover up for more bad defenders. Further, having Luc and/or Ariza on the court led to better rotations.

Good piece. Kawhi is thriving playing new school basketball. It complements this article from today about DeRozen is thriving playing old school basketball.

“Only 9 players have gotten to DeMar’s base averages (26p/6a/6r) for a whole season in NBA history. That kind of production in and of itself is a rarity, but one of DeMar’s most valuable attributes is his low turnover rate, at just 9.5%. The only player to ever hit those #s over a whole season with a turnover rate below 10% is Michael Jordan in 1989-90 and 1991-92. Actually, even if you ignore the rebounds, it’s still just Michael in those two seasons.”

“In place of those threes he used to take, he’s increased his attempts at the rim, where he’s making 62%, per CTG. Nearly a third of his shots this year have come within 4 feet of the basket. Some quick math will tell you that making 62% on 2s is worth as much as 41.3% on 3s. In terms of overall value, that’s an over-simplification, because it obviously ignores drawn foul rates, offensive rebound rates, and effects on spacing, among other things. But for a player like Demar, that reallocation of shots can be powerful, especially since his forays to the rim open up his playmaking ability.”
https://www.poundingtherock.com/201...ozan-san-antonio-spurs-incredible-start-means

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Steph Curry is good at shooting the basketball

Butler to the Sixers for Covington, Saric, and likely a pick.

Just heard the pick is a 2022 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
Sounds like Butler will re-sign in Philly this summer.

Rest in peace, Markelle Fultz.

Bayless, Saric and Covington is decent price.I'm kinda surprised there wasn't a first pick in there. The Sixers will need another big and a shooter. Saric is really good.

It's too bad the Sixers made the moronic trade to get Fultz over Tatum and keeping the Kings' 1st round pick in this solid draft.

EDIT: I'm guessing JJ will start now and they will be trading for Korver this week.

Last edited:
23715d1d816c384128b315f167c3e1b7.jpg

They got two starters for him. I'm surprised they didn't get a 1st Round pick.

Even with Butler at $30M next year, the Sixers would have about $10-15M slot open. If they find a sucker for Fultz, they could have over $20M.

They need to trade for Korver ASAP.

It's too bad the Cavs have traded their protected #1 pick this year. It's protected 1-10. I wonder if you can trade for if it is 1-10. They are stupid enough to trade 1-10 for Fultz. :)

Back