• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

So did [Redacted] only come back once Morey let him know Melo would be gone? Sure looks like it

Don't worry, Jimmy Butler riding him every time he misses a shot should do wonders for his head. It is going to be glorious to watch that team implode.

Maybe more alarmingly, he had a very strange spasm while tying his shoe. I feel for him because something could be mentally wrong and it’s playing out in public.

I think it is odd that Jeff Teague was out nursing a knee injury for the last week+ when he bumped knees with Lebron only to miraculously be healthy enough to play the moment after Jimmy Butler be gone.

Remember, it was Teague who got into a twitter war with Butler before the season but after Butler reported to camp. Teague essentially said that everything Butler said he did at his first practice and the players only meeting afterward was incorrect.

Teague, btw, had his best game of the season last night.

Yeah, I am legit worried about Fultz.

There is a story that we might not get for a long time.

Can’t be helping that he’s under tremendous pressure.

seems like fultz might have a neurological issue

I honestly didn't know that ANY professional player used velcro ties on their sneakers LIKE MY 9 YEAR OLD.

Dude. Laceups.

Someone theorised he might have had a micro stroke last summer.

I don't know, but it's clearly something. He's just not right at all.

I still don't know why the Sixers haven't called the original shot doctor, Herb Magee, to help Fultz. Herb is a coach's coach and is local. He would be totally non-threatening, almost a grandfather figure for the player. If anyone can put together a non-scary, effective program it's Herb.

Other than Steph, Herb is the greatest shooter I have ever seen. He may be listed at 5'10, but is shorter. That combined with no 3 point line led him to becoming a head coach at 25 rather than playing in the NBA.

He's easy going and a super nice guy. This may be a key to getting to Fultz.

I’m a Sixers fan and have been holding out hope for Fultz. A few discouraging moments last night, including the foul shot. Prior to this point, his shot has looked smoother and more natural than last year, though far from text book. He and his shooting coach (Drew Hanlan) recently parted ways. I’m not sure why. I wouldn’t trade Fultz now - you’d be selling very low. I wouldn’t mind sending him the G league and letting him sink or swim. Give him the chance to run the offense, dominate the ball, and (hopefully) gain some confidence, without sacrificing wins now.

More on Fultz - you can see glimpses of the player everyone thought he would be. He is a great athlete. He can get into the paint at will. Finishing is obviously an issue, and he’s not looking to draw contact (presumably because he doesn’t want to shoot free throws). He’s a gifted passer and has the chance to be a very good defensive player. The biggest problem is that he and Simmons are such a poor fit together. It’s so difficult to have 2 guys on the court who are no threat to shoot, and you obviously have to play Simmons.

Back